PRJHS Weekly Newsletter
September 8 - September 11, 2015
Dates to Remember
- JHS Back-to-School night: Thursday, September 17, 6:30 pm
- JHS Spirit Week will be September 14 - 18
- JHS Pep Rally: Friday, September 18, during period 12
- Announced Security Drill: Monday, September 21, during period 2
- 7th Grade Student Government Speeches: Tuesday, September 22, during period 12
- Staff and Student Picture Day: Wednesday, September 23
- Fundraiser Assembly: Friday, September 25, during periods 1, 2, and 3
- Fairness Kick-Off lesson: Friday September 25, during elective classes
Wilcats in Action - Kick-Off Lessons
- Please make sure to review and sign off on all 504 accommodations and I.E.P.'s
- Update your website on OnCourse.
- Check your start and end time in Aesop - If there is an issue regarding this, please Kelly Ramirez ASAP.
- If you are interested in chaperoning dances or covering during your UCP, please see Kelly Ramirez.
JHS Spirit Week
Monday: Superhero Day - Up Up and Away!
Tuesday: 50's Day - Coolsville Daddy o'
Wednesday: Star Wars Wednesday - May the force be with you
Thursday: Nerd Day - Get down and nerdy
Friday: Pinelands Spirit Day - Color Wars and the PEP RALLY!!!!!!
7th grade = white
8th grade = green
9th grade = gold
Rock it Wildcat Style!
**YES - Staff participating in Spirit Week can wear jeans
FYI regarding Student Network/gmail Accounts
Student Network accounts use students' ID number plus their OnCourse password, which is located in OnCourse under Student Info, Miscellaneous.
After five tries, an account is inactive for one hour. Students should request help from an adult after the second try.
ID = ID
PASSWORD = PASSW0RD
Student gmail accounts use students' ID number plus their OnCourse password.
ID = ID@stu.prsdnj.org
PASSWORD = PASSW0RDprsd
Follow the Junior High School on Social Media
Instagram - pinelandsjhs
tag each item with #WeArePRJHS
JHS Staff and Department Meeting Schedule for 2015-2016
THE CAT EYE Twitter and Instagram accounts are up and running as of September 8, 2015 to serve as platforms for increased communication between stakeholders in our educational community. We develop many positive activities and events throughout the course of the year, and THE CAT EYE is dedicated to celebrate the many successes of our staff and students with our community. It is time for us to get our voices and our stories out there in a clear and positive way.
What can you as a staff member/administrator do?
Create a professional Twitter or Instagram account that you are willing to use and promote positive stories about students, staff members, and class activities. Twitter can be an excellent source of news and professional development for educators. You can follow any other staff members or school accounts and you can also follow subject-specific accounts (Smithsonian, Zoos, Writers) as well as educational accounts (Pearson, Marzano, Edutopia)
When you develop a post, please tag THE CAT EYE by typing "@TheCatEye" and use the hashtags "#EyeOnThePride". When we see your posts we will share/retweet/favorite the posts. Please feel free to do the same to any THE CAT EYE posts that you find positive and informative! The more shares/favorites/retweets, the more our positive stories spread through the community via social media!
If you are not comfortable using social media, please send your story and pictures to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post it for you.
Feel free to spread the word whenever you are inspired by the many positive, creative, and educational moments that happen here at Pinelands on a daily basis. Remember, we have the power to tell our story and we need to share the wonderful accomplishments of our students and co-workers with our school community!
THE CAT EYE Committee