First Grade Forest
Ms. Briggs' Class
Happy New Year! Our class is so excited to welcome in 2016!
Up Coming Events
- Tuesday, January 5, PTO Meeting at the Montford Center at 6:00
- Tuesday, January 12, Spirit Night at Barleys
- Friday, January 15, End of Quarter
- Monday, January 18, MLK Day-Holiday
- Tuesday, January 19, Optional Teacher Workday
- Monday, January 25, Open House at Claxton
- Tuesday, January 26, Open House at Claxton
- Tuesday, January 26, Report Cards Go Home
- Wednesday, January 27, Open House at Claxton
- Tuesday, February 2, PTO Meeting at North Asheville Community Center at 6:00
- Thursday, February 18, Family Voices/Community Outreach Night at the Montford Center
- Friday, February 19, Early Release Day.
- Thursday, February 25, Tea & Talk with the Superintendent for Claxton Families
Mon, Jan. 11- Emma
Tues Jan. 12- Niihviah
Wed. Jan. 13- Dejahnai
Thurs. Jan.14- Brenton
Friday Jan. 15 - Ja'Ryn
Wed. Jan. 20- Tremayne
Thurs. Jan. 21- William
Friday Jan. 22- Conner
Mon. Jan.25 - Norah
Tues. Jan. 26- Katelyn
Wed. Jan. 27 - Lainey
Thurs. Jan.28- Kiley
Friday Jan 29- Riley
Mon. Feb. 2- Razzio
Tues. Feb. 3- Jyniah
Wed. Feb. 4 - Orion
Thurs. Feb. 5 - Bennett
Friday Feb. 6 - Ziggy
Mon. Feb. 9- India
Tues. Feb. 10 - Rose
Quick overview of what are we learning
Fundations: Unit 7 includes many new sounds that will help us become stronger readers and writers. The homework was sent home on Tuesday and will last 3 weeks.
Writing: We are finishing up our how to stories and we have become great writers
Daily 5: This week we have reviewed the daily 5 expectation and measured our stamina. Even after winter break, our whole class can read 17 minutes without breaking stamina!
Math: In math we continue to work on addition word problems as well as start on measurement. Encourage your child to compare object and their size over the next few weeks.
Social Studies: We are learning about New Years traditions around the world. We are updating our personal mission statements and making new years wishes.
New homework assignment
Claxton Go Local Cards $17 each
- $17.00 exact cash
- $17.00 check made payable to Claxton Elementary School
- See Nicole Siegel, Interim Office Manager, to purchase a card.
- Cards will be on sale during the Winter Holiday meal in the lobby
Share with us!
Ask your child if they need new crayons or colored pencils for their personal use.
We also still need more Coffee Filters Please! Thank you!