Striving For Excellence
Dear Tomcat Students and Parents,
This semester is filled with great opportunities for our students to demonstrate their knowledge and skills. Academically, our students will continue to produce quality products, perform on assessments and take EOC exams. Our UIL Academic Team members are preparing to compete in a variety of events. Student athletes we will compete in basketball, softball, baseball, golf and powerlifting. FFA students will participate in numerous stock shows, career and speaking development events. Our robotics team and CTE students will have opportunities to showcase their products. And finally, our fine arts program will host an evening to display their talents.
We encourage you to support all our students and celebrate their achievements. Follow the TBHS High School Web page for upcoming events and results.
Dr. Susan Foster
follow us at @TBHS15
TBISD Website- www.tbisd.org
Follow TBISD at www.facebook.com/TombeanISD
Cheer Competes @ UTA
TBHS Cheerleaders competed in the 1st Annual UIL Spirit
Haley Ford Earns Volleyball Recognition!
All-Texomaland Honorable Mention. Congratulations Haley!
Landscape Design Course
Noah Boyd is a member of our Landscape Design Course. The class is preparing our front beds for Spring flowers and plants!
Balfour will be at the high school on Friday during lunches to collect graduation orders. Students need to order a cap and gown. Invitations and other items are also available. Seniors received a packet on Friday (1/15). The deadline for ordering a cap and gown is February 14th. You have the option to order online.
Spring Exemption Guidelines
Tom Bean High School
Spring Exam Exemption Guidelines
To be exempted from Semester Exams, a student must meet ALL of the following criteria:
The following applies to each individual class:
· No more than 3 tardies per class (3 tardies equals an absence)
· No more than three absences and a semester grade average of 90 or above in each class in which an exemption is granted.
· No more than two absences and a semester grade average of 80 or above in each class in which an exemption is granted.
· No suspensions or ISS during the semester
Number of exemptions allowed:
· Seniors may exempt 3 exams
· Juniors may exempt 2 exams
· Sophomores and Freshmen may exempt 1 exam
*All requirements must be maintained up to the date of the exam.
*Must attend class on the day of the exam
*Completed form with parent signature must be turned in on time.
The following absence codes do not count towards a student’s total absences for exemptions:
ORDER YOUR TOMCAT YEARBOOK! DEADLINE IS JANUARY 29th!! $45.00
We appreciate your support in our efforts to provide students the best opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mark Your Calendar:
- Girls' Powerlifting Meet- Thursday, January 28th @ Whitesboro
- Boys' Powerlifting Meet- Saturday, January 30th @ Whitesboro
- Fort Worth Stock Show-Thursday and Friday, February 4th and 5th
- Board Meeting- February 8th
- No School- President's Day- February 15th
- FFA Auction- February 19th
- Band Concert- February 25th
Basketball vs. Whitewright
Tuesday, January 26th
Basketball @ Farmersville
Friday, January 29th
Basketball vs. Leonard
Tuesday, February 2nd
Basketball @ Lone Oak
Friday, February 5th
Basketball vs. Commerce
Tuesday, February 9th
Basketball @ Van Alystne
Friday, February 12th (Boy's Only)
Basketball @ Caddo Mills
Tuesday, February 16th (Boy's Only)
Basketball @ Whitewright