From Phonics to Fluency
Developing Reading Proficiency Workshop
November 28th, 2016 / Mansfield, TX
Empower Students to Read Fluently!
Specifically designed for educators and administrators servicing grades K-6.
- Authentic and engaging ideas for teaching phonics & fluency
- Strategies for developing accuracy and automaticity
- Authentic classroom practice for fluency development
- Techniques and activities for decoding and encoding
- Best Practices for vocabulary instruction
- Fluent reading principles
- Techniques and activities to develop reading fluency and comprehension
- Spelling Instruction Strategies
- Word Work strategies & activities that build word knowledge
- Assessment ideas for phonics and fluency
- Lesson Planning Guidance
- Analyzing grade level expectations for Phonics, Fluency, and Vocabulary
- Classroom setup tips
- And Much More!!
Meet the Presenter
From Phonics to Fluency Workshop
Monday, Nov. 28th, 8:30am
1110 West Debbie Lane
The location is at Mansfield ISD's Center for Performing Arts.
8:00am - 8:30am Registration
8:30am - 11:30am Morning Session
Lunch is on your own.
12:30pm - 3:30pm Afternoon Session
Wifi will be provided
B.Y.O.D. (Bring your own device)
6 hours of professional development earned
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Register 3 or more staff members and receive a 10% discount.
Principals attend FREE with the registration of 3 or more staff members.
You can register by Faxing, Calling, or Emailing your registration form in.
Purchase Orders are accepted.
Please Make Checks or Purchase Orders out to
Kelly Harmon & Associates
Call (817) 583-1290
Fax (972) 369-7327
For more Information please contact us today!
Check Out Kelly Harmon's Book
Kelly Harmon & Robert Marzano teamed up to write Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes. The book is part of the Essentials for Achieving Rigor Series.
Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes: Classroom Techniques to Help Students Develop Proficiency explores explicit techniques for mastering this crucial strategy of instructional practice. It includes:
- Explicit steps for implementation
- Recommendations for monitoring students’ ability to develop fluent thinking
- Adaptations for students who struggle, have special needs, or excel in learning
- Examples and non-examples from classroom practice
- Common mistakes and ways to avoid them