By: Emma Dorley
In 1903, Ford Motor Company was incorporated. Henry Ford was the maker and also the producer of this company. Henry started this company in Detroit, Michigan. But Henry was born in Dearborn, Michigan. Henry made his first "car" in 1896 which was called the Quadricycle, using 4 bicycle weels. Henry Ford was a hard working man and he wasn't that wealthy but that didn't stop him into making this car. But he had to work with what he had which was a farm and some stuff in Detroit. The reason ford made this company was that he had a love for all things mechanical.
Bio On Henry Ford
Henry Ford liked to take things such as coffee grinders and clocks apart and putting then back together. Henry was born in Dearborn, Michigan in the 1960's. his mechanical ability was helpful on the farm, he soon realized that farming wasn't for him. At age 17 he left his dad's farm and went to the city of Detroit, Michigan.
Other fun facts about Henry
- When he left the farm he took a job as an apprentance in a machine shop for 3 years
- After that he came back to Dearborn then went back to Detriot in 1891
- he marries a young woman named Clara Ala Bryant
- Licensed Automobile Manufacturers closed the company down, barely a month after the incorporation because Henry wasn't a licensed automobile manufacture
- named his cars backed on the alphabet
- The prices of the cars went from $200-$825
- Henry Ford died in 1947
- In 1964 ford introduces the Mustang, a new breed of car
- In 1917 Ford produces its first ever truck
- 1925 Ford begins the production of the Tri-motor airplanes