Shamrock Gardens Dragon Direct
Think Different. Do Different. Be Different.
Week of May 23rd-May 27th
Sometimes it's the little things....
Often times it is a struggle to see the bigger picture...especially at this point in the year when we begin to feel like tree stumps. Yet if we begin to open our eyes to the bigger picture, outside of the four walls of our classroom, we will begin to see special "reminder moments" all around us. This week I was able to see so many of these "reminder moments" in classrooms, speaking with students, and sitting in plannings. I was lucky enough to witness one of these on Thursday as one 5th grade scholar struggled with his shoes. Without hesitation another scholar got down on his knees to support his classmate. It's these little "reminder moments" that help drive home why we do the work each and everyday. I hope that amidst the changes in schedule, testing, and end of the year excitement you each are able to witness, or be involved in a "reminder moment" in the upcoming weeks.
Thank you for all you do and I look forward to seeing you in the classrooms next week!
The Week at a Glance
Monday, May 23, 2016:
Support for 3-5
ELL Parent Education Course 8:30-10:00am and 1:30-3:00pm
Food Bank@ 3:45pm
- Extended Day Tutoring-5th Grade Math (Polsgrove & Hoke), 4th Grade Literacy (Miller), 4th Grade Math (Butler & McLeod)
Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Support for 3-5
- Gates - Hoke
- Extended Day Tutoring-5th Grade Literacy (Scharer & Polsgrove), 3rd Grade Literacy (Corpuz), 4th Grade Literacy (Butler)
Wednesday May 25, 2016:
- 3rd and 5th Grade Literacy EOG-See modified lunch schedule distributed at last week's staff meeting-teachers please ensure all scholars use lower playground and NO scholars go anywhere in the building without an adult escort until the end of testing has been announced
- Staff Meeting@ 3:30pm in Media Center
Thursday May 26, 2016:
- 3rd and 5th Grade Math EOG-See modified lunch schedule-teachers please ensure all scholars use lower playground and NO scholars go anywhere in the building without an adult escort until the end of testing has been announced
- Send Home Thursday Folders-Send Home TRC Home Connect Letter 2 work samples home with feedback
- Extended Day Tutoring-4th Grade Literacy (McLeod)
Friday May 27, 2016:
- No School-Happy Friday :)
Summer PD Opportunities! Hurry Slots Are Filling Fast! Don't Miss These Excellent Opportunities to Grow :)
Future Dates to Keep in Mind...
- Monday, May 30th- No School Memorial Day
- Wednesday, June 1st-4th Grade Reading EOG & Thursday, June 2nd-4th Grade Math EOG, 5th Grade Science EOG, and 3rd Grade Make-Up EOG for Read to Achieve
- Friday, June 3rd- Field Day
Guess the Shamrocker!...Ms.Fajt
Summer Employment Opportunity
Currently, BELL is recruiting program managers, instructional coaches, program assistants, academic literacy teachers, enrichment teachers and teacher assistants. BELL’s classroom ratio is 20:2.
CMS employees interested in learning more about each position and how to apply online, can visit
http://www.experiencebell.org/jobs (click on NC - Charlotte in the location box).
If staff members have questions or want to find out more, they can contact the BELL Recruitment Team at 704.780.0935. Please help us promote this opportunity among our employees.