FBC Church Talk
Loving people so they will move forward on life's journey
WEDNESDAYS AT 6PM (1st-4th & 5th-6th Groups)
Are you ready for Sunday?
Listen to the songs we will sing this week as you prepare to participate in worship.
This is above your tithe.
You can mark your checks, envelopes, or make a note at the pay portal with Benevolence.
October 22 - Our fall outreach event will be at the Crowley Fall Community Event. We will have the opportunity to have several of our fall festival types of games. Watch for a sign-up soon!!
Please feel free to reach out to Tim Gould (email@example.com or 817-586-5884) with questions regarding our Community Engagements Events, or ideas for Community Engagement Events you would be willing to host.
NEW Sermon Series Begins September 11
Go and make disciples of all the nations....
The mission of FBC is to make disciples of all the residents in Crowley and the surrounding area.
How do YOU fit into that mission? Have you considered that question? You have a mission that helps to achieve the larger mission of FBC which helps achieve the Great Commission that Jesus gave before he ascended to the Father.
This series of messages is taken from Matthew 10
Sept 11 - The Mission (1-8)
Sept 18 - The Environment (8-15)
Sept 25 - The Threats (16-25)
Oct 2 - The Tactics (26-31)
Oct 9 - The Responsibilities (32-42)
I encourage you to begin praying through this chapter and allowing the Holy Spirit to guide your thoughts to better understand the situation, the mission, and the opportunity.
Pick Up Your Material
THIS SUNDAY be sure to pick up your Who's Your One materials in the foyer. Here is what we have for you:
1. Bookmark with ways to pray and a place to put the name of your one God wants you to share the gospel with this month.
2. Hand Out Cards - these can help you as you have a gospel conversation where the option opens to talk about Jesus.
3. Prayer and Study Book - this will help you engage spiritually in this opportunity.
Who's Your One?
Prayer Lunch October 2
That's not a typo! We are going to have a prayer lunch on October 2 as we start the month of fasting. As incredible as that seems it is possible. Watch this video to know more about fasting.
Each person will be encouraged to "fast" on a day in October. During this time of fasting you are to focus on the Lord. A prayer guide will be provided for you. The purpose is so that we can experience the presence of God in new ways and to seek the Lord's face concerning the needs of our church.
At Christianity.com, Glory Dy wrote the following on Jan 7, 2022 based on Matthew 7:24-27:
Jesus Is the Cornerstone of Our Lives
The main message of Jesus' sermon was that faith in Jesus is our foundation upon which we should build our lives. Every aspect of my life is guided by His position. Jesus also emphasized that just standing on a rock is not enough — His every word needs to be put into practice. We trust Jesus completely when we are committed to Him. It is our duty to obey His commands. It is vital that we discover more about Him and become more and more like Him as we live our lives.
Please join with us on Sunday mornings at 8:30 a.m. in the conference room to pray for Pastor Aaron, the church staff, and the needs of the church as well as pray for the day’s event - Bible study and the worship service.
Below are some items that can be used as your guideline for praying each day this week:
- Pray for Robert Mock as he prepares and delivers the message on Sunday, September 4th, 2022.
- Praise the Lord for the seven (7) children who participated in Elevate last Wednesday and ask that He continue send them to us.
- Pray that the Lord will continue to encourage the Elevate workers, youth, and adults, to just love on the children that He sends our way .
- Ask our Heavenly Father to help everyone to hear His words and act on them so that they will be like the wise man who build his house on the rock.
- Ask our Abba Father to discourage everyone from not acting on His words like the foolish man who build his house on sand. and doesn’t act on them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.
- Pray that our Heavenly Father will guide Pastor Jaime Perez as he leads Iglesia Vida Nueva (Hispanic church).
- Pray for Dexter Laureano as he leads the Redeemer Community Church (Filipino congregation).
3 Dangerous D's
And we can come back to these, but just to get those three Ds out, the digital revolution, the death of denominationalism, and again, that might be hyperbole, but we'll say the significant decline anyway, and then, in the North American church, the death of evangelism. Well, again, I don't want to get ahead of you, Carey, but we have mounds of data that indicate that this was already happening, but it has been accelerated or, if you want to look at the inverse, evangelism as a priority has been decelerated, and this may be the single focus that we're on right now. What is happening, where the great commission cliche has just become the great omission? What has happened, where reaching people with the gospel is no longer a priority for many, many churches? So, man, I could unpack all those forever, but
1. We desire to see every person in Crowley and the near regions become disciples of Jesus who make disciples of Jesus. We are a Bible-believing church. Our command from God is to make disciples. However, that looks and feels different than it did when I was a kid! People are farther away from God than ever before. It takes more "touches" and deeper relationships before there can be spiritual conversations.
2. We will love people so they can move forward on life's journey. We have been saying this for a few months now, but want to keep saying it until we live it out everywhere we go! Because people are farther away from God than ever before we must choose to love them with patience, kindness, respect, and conversations - many conversations! We have to respect them as humans before we can discuss other matters. We must be patient with people as they work through the trauma that church and Christians have given over the years.
3. We have established a code of conduct for the FBC family:
- Accept — We provide a welcoming, non-judgmental and safe space where you can take steps of spiritual growth. We are a group open to new ideas and people. We would love to meet you.
- Recognition — We find the good in people and love to share it with others. We would love to get to know you.
- Inspire — We motivate to mobilize people to fulfill their God-given potential. Let us help you reach the heights for which you are designed.
- Serve — We engage our church and community by service projects, providing help when possible and sharing community resources.
- Evangelism — We want to build real, trusting, relationships in order to share the gospel of Jesus Christ that leads to life transformation.