AUGUST 30 - SEPTEMBER 3, 2021
AUGUST 30 - Parents are able to join their student for lunch
SEPTEMBER 02 - Chick-Fil-A Spirit Night
SEPTEMBER 06 - No school (Labor Day)
SEPTEMBER 13 - Watch D.O.G.S Kickoff Event
SEPTEMBER 15 - 22 - Sign up for 21 Day Challenge
SEPTEMBER 24 - Fall Photos; Reading with the Eagles
*Please send water bottles with your student...It's HOT!
*Mondays are Olson Spirit Wear
*Fridays are Allen, Olson, College, or Aloha Spirit Wear
- Volunteer now - be a room parent!
- Room parents are a big part of the volunteer base for the PTA, and we need your help to ensure your child's class has at least one room parent!
- If you would like more information about being a room parent, please reach out to Jennifer Hurst, Room Parent Coordinator, at email@example.com.
- Remember that all volunteers must have completed the Allen ISD Volunteer Application for the 2021-2022 school year.
FIELD TRIP SHIRTS - SALE EXTENDED
- The sale for field trip shirts has been EXTENDED. Order here by Friday, September 3rd to get your field trip shirt!
Our character trait for September is RESPECT: showing others they are important by what you say or do.
Respect is shown in many ways every day. We can show respect to adults, each other, our school, our country and the earth. Everyone can show respect by standing for the pledges and the National Anthem to those who gave their lives for the freedoms we enjoy. Children can show respect for adults by listening to adults when they are talking, by holding the door for them, or giving up your seat to an adult when all the seats are taken on a bus or in a gathering. Obeying laws and rules in our school and in our society, such as cars pulling over to let an ambulance or police car go by are also examples of respect.
When we recycle and reduce the waste we create, such as conserving water, energy or cleaning up areas that have been polluted show respect for our environment. Kids need to show respect for each other, as well, and can do this by listening to one another’s point of view, even though they might not agree with each other. Respect is a very important part of any relationship. Discuss with your families ways that you can show respect at home, school, work, and in the community.
Please join us at Chick-fil-A on Stacy Road for Olson Spirit Day on Thursday, September 2nd. You can visit Chick-fil-A anytime between 6:00am-10:00pm to help support our school. Tell the cashier when you are ordering that you are an Olson Otter, so that we get credit for you attending.
Please have your student bring your receipt on Friday to Mrs. Oliver to be placed in a drawing for a prize. Thank you for supporting Olson through Chick-fil-A!
Calling All D.O.G.S.!
Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads Of Great Students) is a program from the National Center for Fathering, whose purpose is to provide positive male role models for students by being present in education.
Watch D.O.G.S. are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer for at least one day during the school year by helping in the classroom, lunch, recess, specials, at arrival and dismissal, etc.
PIZZA NIGHT INVITE
Attention All ‘DADS’ of
‘Dads and Kids’ Pizza Night Event!
FREE Pizza, Drinks and Fun!
Fathers and Father-figures,
On Monday, September 13th from 6:00-7:00pm we will be having our annual ‘Dads and Kids’ Pizza Night at our school. We will meet in the Olson Elementary school cafeteria at 6:00pm for FREE pizza and drinks. At about 6:30pm, there will be a presentation about our WATCH D.O.G.S.® (Dads Of Great Students) Program.
WATCH D.O.G.S.® is an innovative program being used by schools across America which helps them to be positively impacted by the committed involvement of fathers and father-figures in their student’s life.
Our goal is to have you spend one day this year at Olson to be a positive male role model and to provide an extra set of eyes and ears.
Dads, granddads, uncles, stepdads, and adult brothers . . . this is your chance to have a night out alone with your student in a fun atmosphere at school.
In order to attend the ‘Dads and Kids’ Pizza Night, please do the following:
1. RSVP by September 1st via the following link, in order to have an accurate head count for the pizza: http://evite.me/usC8n121pc. (We will plan on 2 pieces per attendee.)
2. Mark your calendar for Monday, September 13th from 6:00-7:00pm.
In order to participate in the Watch D.O.G.S. Program, you will need to do three things:
1. Have your calendar ready to sign-up to be a Watch D.O.G. for one day this school year.
2. Complete the background verification through Allen ISD at: https://ahsweb.allenisd.org/winocular/workspace/.
3. Have an Official WATCH D.O.G.S.® Uniform T-shirt for Watch D.O.G.S., which can be purchased via the following link: https://dadsofgreatstudents.com/general. T-shirts for students are also available to purchase, as well as other items, however not required.
Olson School Counselor