Neil Armstrong Elementary
Dr. Stevenson's Weekly News- Week 16
December 14-December 18
Weekly Plan-Culture, Communication, Collaboration
Some last week reminders:
- I hope you enjoy the article below on being a "mentor"! All of you are mentors to our little ones and mentors to each other. That makes me very proud as your leader and speaks to our culture!
- Big thank you hugs to all of you that helped adopt the 10 families from NA so that the children have toys for Christmas :)
- Please communicate a warm welcome Amera Brewer to NA as our new Behavior Interventionist! She is floating in classrooms now and we are so happy to have her!
- Please join us as we collaborate for our first ever Family Math Night from 5:30-7 in the Commons!
- Let parents know about winter parties on the 18th (no more than 30 mins please)
- Make sure to sign up for the staff Holiday Breakfast buffet on Friday! Yum!
- Give out coins for ARMS so we can fill up the snowman's belly and bottom!
- Keep doing your FAST progress monitoring!
- Supervise, supervise, supervise
- Thanks to all who supported our early out PD on Wednesday including: Scott Berg with blended learning, Carrie, Becky, Debbie and Adrianna for Math, Jen Like for Google Classroom, and Dr. Schutte for our MakerSpace and calendar discussion!
- The Maker Space video is reposted below if you want to see some "tinkering" in action!
- Have an awesome weekend and don't get sick!!!!
Monday December 14
7:45 Academic Data Team (ADT) w/ Debbie, Adrianna, Carrie, Jenni, Ardie, Danielle, Lisa, Holly/Lauren, and Ellen in conf room
7:45 Academic IEP w/Jodi and Adrianna
8:50 2nd grade Literacy PLC
10:50 4th grade Literacy PLC
12:20 1st grade Literacy PLC
1:20 Kindergarten Literacy PLC
2:20 5th grade Literacy PLC
5:30- 7:00 Rock-It Family Math Night
Tuesday December 15
7:45 Behavior Data Team for Becca, Carrie, Jenni, Danielle, Ardie, Amber, Brooke, and Lisa
8:30 Weekly school-wide assembly
9:50 3rd grade Literacy PLC
1:30 Administrators' Meeting
2:00 Preschool Literacy PLC
2:20-3:20 Winter Sing Dress Rehearsal
Wednesday December 16
9:30-11:00 PK-5 Winter Sing
12:45- NA Core meeting
3:20 Academic IEP w/Jodi and Erika
3:20 Academic IEP w/Ellen & Becca
Thursday December 17
1:00 Weekly instructional coaches meeting with Jenni and Carrie
2:30 Weekly 21CCLC meeting w/Becca & Jenni
Friday December 18
7:45 PBIS committee meeting
9:30 Weekly counseling meeting with Danielle
10:45 Weekly office staff meeting
12:30-3:00 K-5 Winter Classroom Parties (30 minutes each)
Holiday shop and book fair were a success! Thank our PTA and staff that helped!
Continental Math League is up and running thanks to Alcoa for 3rd and 4th!
Thanks to Ms.Love and Student Council for the cookie fundraiser at Holiday Shop!