August 3, 2018
8/17 - Early Release Day - Dismissal Runs from 1:20-1:50PM
Early Release Days
Our first Early Release for the 2018-2019 school year is Friday, August 17th. Students are dismissed at 1:20pm. The other ER dates for the year are as follows:
Friday, September 28th
Friday, October 19th
Tuesday, November 20th
Friday, December 21st
Friday, January 18th
Friday, February 15th
Friday, March 8th
Parent Information Sessions
Hello to all of our HSES families! We are planning to host a minimum of four parent nights this year in order to foster shared responsibility for student success by building trust, collaboration and engagement among staff, families and the community. In order to make the sessions as helpful as possible we would love to have your input! You can access the survey via the following link or the QR Code below - http://bit.ly/HSESParentInfo Thank you in advance for your feedback!
- Please make sure that car seats are set up for students to dismiss in the morning on the passenger side of the vehicle. We utilize both lanes in carpool and we want to keep everyone safe!
- In the afternoon, students dismiss to carpool from their classrooms and it takes a few minutes for the first row of students to filter out. Please follow the car in front of you and avoid pulling out unless directed by a staff member.
- If some of our younger students need help getting buckled in the afternoon, please pull through the line and ahead of the crosswalk closer to Holly Springs Road, or into the parking lot, so that we can keep carpool flowing smoothly and efficiently.
- Please make every effort to avoid cell phone use while in the carpool line.
Thank you for your help in ensuring that our students arrive and dismiss safely!
For those of you returning to HSES next year please take a moment and visit out web site at
www.wcpss.net/hollyspringses to sign back up for your carpool number.
For those of you that are new to HSES you will need to go to our site and scroll down to carpool and click on it. When the application comes up please complete. We will issue you a new number that you will display on your mirror as you go through carpool.
Carpool Reminders: Please stay in line and follow the car in front of you and avoid passing or pulling out. For the safety of the students and staff please refrain from cell phone use and please do not text.
As always, your help in these matters is greatly appreciated!
HSES Carpool Staff
Bus Rider Information from WCPSS
- If your (transportation eligible) child will be riding the bus from the same address to the same school next year, you do not need to take action. If you need to update your bus service, please go online at www.wcpss.net/busrider. On Friday, May 11, 2018, we will begin receiving (via the web and theTransportation Module) requests from transportation eligible families for the 2018-19 school year.
- Any transportation eligible family who needs to make a change for 2018-19 is requested to complete transportation requests by June 11th to ensure service on the first day of year round school.
- Up-to-date transportation information is available in your student’s Home Base/PowerSchool account. See the next section in the newsletter for more information on Home Base.
- If your student is assigned to a bus but is not a bus rider, please submit the decline bus form at www.wcpss.net/declinebus so that we have the most up-to-date information
Here Comes the Bus App
With this app, you can receive customized alerts that allow you to send your child to the bus stop at just the right time, helping to avoid missed buses or long waits in freezing temperatures, pouring rain, the hot sun or rush-hour traffic.
Our school code is 67500.
Home Base gives parents and students access to real-time information including attendance, grades and assignments. With Home Base, powered by PowerSchool application, everyone stays connected. Families with multiple students can also set up their accounts to view all of their students at one time, with one login. Even though grades are not displayed at the elementary level, information regarding school assignment and transportation can be found in the portal. For more information, please click HERE.