Week of February 20th, 2017
SPIRITUAL CAMPAIGN FOR LENT - MARCH 1ST TO APRIL 15TH
NATIONAL DAY OF SACRIFICE AND 40-DAY LENTEN CAMPAIGN
Dearest Chaplains, Chaplain Assistants, Youth-Leader Trainers, and Youth-Leaders of all rank,
Along with the Chaplains at the National Headquarters, the National Executive Committee extends to you greetings of peace and love in Jesus Christ.
In accordance with the guidelines set forth by National Assembly pertaining to the annual National Day of Sacrifice (first Sunday of Lent) for the Vietnamese Eucharistic Youth Movement (VEYM), the National Executive Committee invites all VEYM members to participate in this year’s National Day of Sacrifice on Sunday, March 5th, 2017, and partake in the 40-Day Lenten Spiritual Bouquet Campaign beginning March 1st (Ash Wednesday) through April 15th (Holy Saturday) of 2017.
As we prepare for Lent, in union with the Church, let us not only contemplate about Lent but to truly live Lent. In living Lent, which requires a significant deal of sacrifice, we are reminded of the perfect sacrifice. Jesus surrendered His life on the cross because of His boundless love for us so that we may live and our sins forgiven. In essence, love is fundamental to our sacrificial acts, for without love, there is no sacrifice. As we begin our Lenten journey, let us pray diligently so that our love for Jesus will strengthen us to renounce our worldly desires [fornication, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, quarrels, dissensions, faction, envy, drunkenness, and carousing (Gal 5:19-21)] that impede us from heavenly gains [love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Gal 5:22)]. Let us also fast and give alms to those in need.
On Sunday, March 5th, 2017, the annual National Day of Sacrifice, VEYM members are invited wear a blue ribbon on their lapel signifying their commitment to live a holy life through acts of sacrifice. Members are also encouraged to live Lent this year first within their homes by showing acts of sacrifice to grandparents, parents, siblings, and extended family members. Next, let the spirit of Lent lives on throughout schools, churches and communities. Let the works of sacrifice shine brightly from within the hearts, for in the words of St. Teresa of Calcutta, “sacrifice is the heart of Christians.”
The National Executive Committee urges all Chapter/League of Chapters/Region Executive Committees to disseminate this initiative widely and promote opportunities and support all members to actively live Lent this year. For additional ideas on activities to show your National Day of Sacrifice spirit and information on the 40-Day Lenten Spiritual Bouquet Campaign, please see booklet and document attached.
May Christ in the Eucharist through the intercession of Our Lady of Lavang bless you and the important work you are embarking on for the betterment of our youth. Let the journey begin!
In Christ Attested,
Rev. Francis Xavier Nguyễn Thanh Bình, SVD
General Chaplain, VEYM-USA
Joseph Đào Văn Đức
President, National Executive Committee
CELEBRATE OUR MOTTO "SACRIFICE" - SUNDAY MARCH 5TH
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION HOUR
Friday, March 3rd, 10-11pm
In continuing with the VEYM-USA TNTT National Adoration Campaign, please join Our Miền Đông Bắc for the Eucharistic Adoration hour on Friday March 3rd, 2017 at 10:00 pm - 11:00 pm in prayer or in person to pray for all TNTT members of Miền Đông Bắc and Phong Trào Thiếu Nhi Thánh Thể around the world.
Learn more about Miền Đông Bắc and pray with them at www.miendongbac.org
2017 ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP DUES
The new Annual Membership Fee of $15 per VEYM Member is to reflect Phong Trào and the work that is being done to foster our movement. At the moment, we only have 580 HT, TT, HSTT, TU, and TU from 8 regions who have completed online payment and registration. 18+ members can go on www.tntt.org to pay online while membership for Ấu, Thiếu, Nghĩa, Hiệp can be paid at Văn Phòng TNTT at 7711 Garden Grove Blvd, Garden Grove, CA 92841 - Email: email@example.com - Phone: (714) 901-2395. Thank you for your supports! Read more...
VEYM WEEKLY GOSPEL RESOURCES
Please contact Weekly Gospel Lesson team (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any questions/concerns. Electronic versions are available on the TNTT website under Resources/Weekly Scripture Lesson, or you can access it from this url: http://www.tntt.org/resource/weekly-scripture-lessons/
8TH SUNDAY OF ORDINARY TIME - FEBRUARY 26TH, 2017
- Explore It! In this sermon, Jesus reminds us to put God first, before anything else. Rather than focusing and worrying about tomorrow, we should put God in control of our lives and look from His perspective, as not to live in anxiety and worry.
- Connect It! Every day, we are faced with a myriad of complexities and uncertainties: school, work, bills, and whatever else life decides to throw on our plate. The temptation is always there to say “let me do this first- God will always be there”, and end up never coming to God until much later. In spite of bringing home food on the table, completing our projects, and tending to our commitments, there is always a way to manage our priorities to put God first; everything else will follow and fall into place. By putting God at the center of our lives, we do not become slaves to our wants and necessities.
- Reflect It! Are you stressing out of big things? Or is it the small things that get you? Do you keep it contained in public, but let the stress loose in private? Do you let these stressors or concerns take precedence over others? Over God? How can you objectively manage your stress, and put your worries in His hands?
- Live It! Being grateful and prayerful. Every time you are worrying about something or at a split road of decisions, talk to Jesus and offer it to Him.
- Remember It! “Seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness.” (Matthew 6:33)
VEYM FUNDRAISING EVENT IN HOUSTON, TX - MARCH 19TH
Xin mời mọi người lắng nghe hai cuộc phỏng vấn cha Tổng Tuyên Úy và bác trợ tá Trịnh Tiến Tinh trên đài VietTV tại Houston cho chương trình gây quỹ xây dựng trụ sở Phong Trào Thiếu Nhi Thánh Thể.
HOW TO REGISTER VEYM TRAINING CAMPS AND EVENTS
To register, ALL training camp participants must meet the stated eligibility requirements in.
NEW VEYM ONLINE MEMBER
- Go to www.tntt.org
- Click on "TNTT Connect"
- Click on "New Visitor Registration"
- Enter your email address and create account
- Purchase the annual membership dues of $15.00
REGISTERED VEYM MEMBER
- Go to www.tntt.org
- Click on "TNTT Store"
- Search and purchase the respective training camp desired
- Scan required documents for respective training camp (see attachments) and send to email@example.com with name of training camp on subject line
- Submit proof of purchase for training camp payment
BCH/TU will notify you of your registration status once all documentations are received.
Xuất Hành 60 | HLHT cấp 1| Honolulu, HI | MTY
Chiến Dịch Bó Hoa Thiêng - Tháng Mân Côi 2017
sẽ được gởi ra mỗi tuần để mọi thành viên theo dõi các chương trình của Phong Trào.
TNTT Weekly welcomes your interviews, announcements, and stories. If you would like to submit a story or advertisement, first consult our TNTT Weekly Submission Guide and then send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on TNTT Weekly Archive to view past TNTT Weekly articles!
Ban Truyền Thông