October 2020 Newsletter
Message from the Director
Hello CNUSD Familes,
Welcome to Fall! The cool breeze, shorter days, and the changing of the leaves makes this truly my favorite time of year. Please enjoy this month's newsletter that highlights many strategies and learning opportunities for our families as well as new information on supports offered to our homeless students. Stay encouraged and happy reading.
~ Cassandra Willis, Director
Student and Family Support
Introducing Club Hope
Please click to view flyers for our Club Hope support team.
Family Engagement Events and Parent Workshops
The Connection on Facebook Live
Join us every Thursday at 6:00pm to discuss all things CNUSD. The topics for this month are:
- Welcome to Club Hope - A program to support our students who lack permanent housing.
- All Stars Foster Youth Program - Resources and supports
- Social Media & Cyberbullying - Learn about cyber safety, dangerous apps and more.
- Gang Awareness & Prevention - Learn about the warning signs of gang activities and how to construct a healthy and positive relationship with your teen.
- Special Education - Social-emotional learning strategies
MADD - Mothers Against Drunk Driving
Date: Tuesday, October 13, 2020
Time: 6:00 - 7:00pm
English zoom meeting ID: 922 7179 2375
Spanish zoom meeting ID: 925 1310 8114
* no password necessary
PARENT CENTER AND ADULT EDUCATION PARTNERSHIP
Google Classroom for Parents now offered in Spanish
This class is perfect for those looking to learn a new skill and assist their students as well other parents. Click to view flyer.
- 6 week virtual course
- Dates: October 13 to November 17, 2020
- Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Register by October 4, 2020 at http://bit.ly/EspanolGoogle
Join teacher-led virtual classes at Corona-Norco Adult School! Choose from different classes:
- Take a Child Development class to learn skills and knowledge to work with kids
- Enhance your computer and technology skills- Certifications available!
- Prepare to enter the workforce
- Complete your High School Diploma
Sign up to attend a Zoom orientation for more information and to register at www.rebrand.ly/CNASorientation. Classes will start mid-October; minimal fees may apply. See full schedule and class fee details at our website: https://adulted.cnusd.k12.ca.us/ or call us at 951-736-3325
Parents Empowering Parents
Parent Language Partners
Are your bilingual? We are looking for parent volunteers who want to make a difference in their community by helping parents who are learning the English language. Let us know that you're interested by filling out our form or call the Parent Center at (951) 273-3132.
Family Pumpkin Carving Contest
This month's family challenge is to send us a picture of your carved pumpkin. Use your imagination and create an "education" themed carved pumpkin to win a prize. Please send pictures to email@example.com with the category by Friday, October 16th.
Judging will be conducted by CNUSD Student Services administration team.
Tech Tip of the Month
Part one topics: privacy, blocking, muting and reporting
Part two topics: mentions, tags and comments
Click here for instructions on how to translate the YouTube videos.
Community Resources - What's Available?
- The Riverside County Library System offers free access to live online homework help through Brainfuse. Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading, writing, social studies as well as FAFSA assistance. For more information please visit their website.
- City of Corona Grant offers up to $6000 for those who rent in Corona and have been impacted by covid-19. For more information please visit their website.
- YMCA Child Care is offered for infant, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children. For more information please visit their website.