When: Friday, May 13th during school
Details: Students wear pjs, bring a blanket & pillow
Wednesday, May 11th: Breakfast with Mom 6:30-7:30 in the Hartman Cafeteria
Counselors Corner: Testing
- If you are anxious about your child's test, it's ok but try to keep cool around your child, you don't want them to get anxious about their tests too.
- Encourage your child to do well but don't pressure them. You may stress your child out. It is important for your child to stay relaxed for the test.
- Keep a positive attitude about tests.
- Make sure that your child gets enough sleep on the night before the test.
- Ensure that your child eats a healthy breakfast and avoid heavy foods that may make him/her groggy and avoid high sugar foods that may make him/her hyper.
- Make sure that your child gets up early enough so that he/she will be on time to school.
These tips are from http://www.testtakingtips.com/parents/
Thanks for all you do to prepare your child for school, tests, and life. You , afterall, are their most important teacher!
Hartman School Counselor
4th Grade Track Meet
The Hartman 4th grade track meet is May 20th. The track meet will take place at the Wylie Stadium. It will begin at 9:30 and end at 1:30. Students need a sack lunch, water bottle, and running shoes. Parents are welcome to come cheer for your student. For safety reasons, all adults must have a background check on file in order to enter the track meet. If not, you will be required to go back to your campus and check-in. If you have any questions, please contact our PE teacher Coach Angela Haskins.
Congratulations to Lia Nibabi for Being Selected as the Jimmy John's Student of the Week!
Thank you to all of you who gave gifts and tokens of appreciation to our wonderful teachers this week. Thank you also to Chase Oaks for spoiling our staff!
Featured Cool Cat of the Week
Title: PPCD Aide
Years at Hartman: 2
Previous Experience: Draper Intermediate paraprofessional and substitute, Environmental Protection Agency, FDIC/FSLIC/RTC, Greenstein Logan & Company CPAs
Family: Daughter Taylor 15 years old & attends Sachse H.S. where she participates in band, mock legislature, and the debate team
What she loves most about Hartman: "I love ho the staff works together with the best interest of each child so they can be successful and learn to their fullest potential."
What she likes to do when not at Hartman: Read, garage sale, collect antiques
Sports: Likes Olympics and major tennis tournaments
Something most people don't know about her: She carried the Olympic torch for the summer Olympics to California during the 1980's.
Hobbies: Reading, board games, watching movies
Favorite places to visit: Places with historical significance such as Washington DC, Cape Cod, Charleston, Plymouth, and Williamsburg
We want to celebrate and thank you if you volunteered at Hartman this year! Come and enjoy breakfast with us.
Date: May 25th, 2016
Where: Hartman Elementary Library
Who: Everyone who has volunteered this year
3rd & 4th Grade Teacher Test Tips
- Be here at 6:50 to get the best possible start to their day.
- Bring a hoodie or light jacket in case the room is cool.
- Eat a good supper on Sunday and Monday night.
- Go to sleep at least 30 minutes early this weekend and Monday night.
- Eat a high protein breakfast at home.
Miss Texas Visited Hartman
Friday, May 6th: Super hero day, Miss Texas/STAAR pep rally 1:45pm
Monday, May 9th: 3rd & 4th STAAR math
Tuesday, May 10th: 3rd & 4th STAAR reading
Wednesday, May 11th: Breakfast with Mom 6:30-7:30
Thursday, May 12th: 4th grade parent training for field trip 3-5pm
Friday, May 13th: BFG movie party, wear pjs, bring blanket & pillow
Monday, May 16th: 4th grade field trip
Tuesday, May 17th: Adventure dash fun run, 4th Harrison tour
Friday, May 20th: 4th grade track meet, 3rd grade aquarium field trip
Monday, May 23rd: McDonald's spirit night 5-8pm
Tuesday, May 24th: PreK celebrations 9am & 1:30pm, Kona Ice
Wednesday, May 25th: Volunteers' breakfast 7:30-8:15
Thursday, May 26th: 3rd grade musical 9am & 7pm, PTA meeting 7pm, senior reception 3:30-4:30pm, 3rd grade market day
Friday, May 27th: WISD Day of Celebration, K-4 field day @ Shaeffer stadium
Monday, May 30th: Memorial Day, No school
Tuesday, May 31st: Kinder graduation 9am, kinder breakfast 8:15, senior walk 10:15am
Wednesday, June 1st: 4th graduation 9am, 4th reception, 1st-3rd awards assembly 1:45pm
Thursday, June 2nd: Splash Day PreK-4th
Friday, June 3rd: Last day of school, early release, Kona Ice, Talent show 9am