Chip and Joanna Gains
Magnolia Homes (Interior Design) By: Chelsea Kruse
Chip Carter Gains:
- Chip was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico and raised in Dallas.
- Chip Gaines is co-owner and co-founder of Magnolia Homes, and co-stars in HGTV’s Fixer Upper with his wife Joanna.
- Chip manages the construction and realty side of Magnolia.
- He grew up spending time on his granddad’s ranch in North Texas.
- Chip became a true cowboy at heart.
- He enjoys hard labor and always preferred digging ditches to academic pursuits.
Chip Carter Gains
The Wonderful Family
Husband: Chip Gains
Wife: Joanna Gains
First child: Drake Gains (6 years old)
Second child: Ella Rose Gains (5 years old)
Third child: Duke Gains (3 years old)
Fourth child: Emmie Kay (2 years old)
Joanna Stevens Gains
Joanna Stevens Gains:
- Joanna was born in Kansas and raised in the Lone Star State.
- Joanna decided to open her own shop in 2003, bringing her NYC-inspired ideas and eye for design back to her roots in Waco, Texas.
- She loves the use of industrial pieces that are a glimpse of how life used to be. Her specialty is making old things new and seeing the potential in every project no matter how hopeless it may seem in the beginning.
- Joanna enjoys life on the farm and spending time cooking family recipes in her kitchen.
- Gardening helps her greatly, and being with her four kids dominates all other favorites.