Mr. J's Gymnasium
Bowman County Physical Education
Jumping into Spring
As for the classroom: K-4 has been brushing up on their baseball/softball skills. We started the same way as the Pros do with a little throw and catch. From there we moved onto fielding a hit ball and concluded with hitting the ball(off a tee and toss up). Games will be very exciting to play.
5-HS is in the middle of its new game, lacrosse. Going over the history and the rules was a new experience for a few kids. The games have been fun to watch and be a part of.
On the Horizon
· Soccer (K-HS)
Parents: The first couple days of school, students' were sent home a syllabus from my class and on the back were 4 make-ups slips. If students are gone for any reason other than doctors visit, as I will receive a note from said doctor, they need to make up the missed day for full points. Any 30 minute activity is what they need to do: walking, biking, football, trampoline, tennis, etc... Sign the slip and send it back to school and I will put in their missing points.
THE MAKE-UPS ARE ONLY FOR THAT QUARTER WE ARE CURRENTLY IN...AFTER THE QUARTER IS OVER, I WILL NOT TAKE LATE SLIPS FOR THE OLD QUARTER
- April is one of only four months that has exactly 30 days, the others are June, September and November.
- April begins on the same day of the week as July every single year.
- The Titanic sank on April 15, 1912
- Zodiac signs for April are Aries, March 21 to April 19 and Taurus, April 20 to May 20
- The daisy, which symbolizes innocence and the sweet pea are the flowers for the month
- The diamond is the birthstone for the month of April
- NASA announced the selection of America's first seven astronauts on April 9, 1959