- We would like to welcome Mrs. Lattie to the Highland staff as our new Title One reading tutor.
- We would also like to welcome Mrs. Mate as our new night custodian.
- According to Supt. Bratten's message, we will continue to wear masks during our school day throughout the month of December.
- If you are interested in subbing in our district please click here: https://www.applitrack.com/stowmunroe/onlineapp/
- The end of the grading period is December 21. Report cards go live in Progress Book on January 7th.
- Since of end of August the office has passed out over 900 masks to students who have come to school with no mask or who have lost them during the day. Please consider putting extra masks in your child’s bookbag.
Please have your child read daily over break. 15- 20 minutes is a good target for daily reading. It will help keep their skills sharp as they return for the beginning of Quarter 3!
SPARK Ohio is a school readiness program for current 3 and 4 year olds.
According to the Early Childhood Resource Center website:
The SPARK (Supporting Partnerships to Assure Ready Kids) program provides a kindergarten readiness advantage for families with preschool-age children (three- and four-year-olds).
Once or twice a month, the SPARK family meets with their assigned home visitor, called a parent partner. The parent partner helps the parent engage the child in a lesson that was developed around state standards and is designed to provide a school readiness advantage.
At each visit, a book, an activity card, and supplies are given to the family, so the parent can continue the learning between visits.
SPARK also conducts developmental screenings, provides referrals and linkages to community resources, and offers group-based learning opportunities. The SPARK team (which includes school-based personnel and professionals in early childhood education, mental health, and speech-language development) works to address barriers to school readiness, long before the child begins school.
Here is a contact for Summit County if you or someone you know are interested.
Summit County SPARK
Early Childhood Resource Center
Mental Health Service
The Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services created the COVID-19 Careline – 1-800-720-9616 – where mental health professionals are available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. They are trained to de-escalate potential crisis situations and connect callers to local providers who can offer support.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
6 BOE Meeting (Work Session) @ SMFHS
7 Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
8 Marco’s Pizza Night
9 PTA Meeting - 6:30pm
17 Grade 1 Winter Program 7:00pm (Snow date is 12.20.21)
20 BOE Meeting @ SMFHS
21 End of Grading Period
22 Records Day - NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
22- Winter Break (School resumes on Jan. 6th)
6 School Resumes
7 Grades Go Live
12 Marco’s Pizza Night
13 PTA Meeting - 6:30pm
14 NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS - PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DAY
17 MLK Day - NO SCHOOL
ENCORE SCHEDULE FOR DECEMBER AND JANUARY
Brrrrrr. . . . .It’s cold outside!
Snow is right around the corner. Please be sure that your child dresses appropriately for the weather. We will go outside for recess throughout the winter as long as the temperature is above 10 degrees, including wind-chill. Also, the playground most likely will not be plowed when it snows so boots are strongly recommended.
If you need assistance in acquiring winter clothing items, let the office know and we will assist you.