The Great Gilly Hopkins!
By:Sierra Kollath, and Kennedy Fehd (Katherine Paterson)
The Great Gilly Hopkins
I would have to rate this 4.5 Out of 5 stars! It was good except the excitement can never stay in one place or is even there. I would have changed that, and I would have changed the way Gilly acted a lot of different ways. Otherwise this book is one of my favorites now!
I would give this book a 3.5 out of 5 stars! It was OKAY but not the best. It really wasn't my type but better for younger kids.I would have changed the ending. It is sad and depressing. At some times of this book I felt like Gilly. Other times like other characters.
AWARDS OF THE BOOK!!!-SIERRA
- National Book Award For Children's Books
- John Newbery Medal
Quote 1- Sierra
Quote 2- Kennedy
"I have to" she said through her teeth. Opening the door and slamming it behind her.
This is the part when Gilly relizes this is hard choice. She doesn't want to leave but she wants to. Its sad she wants to leave.
Sierra's Top 3 Book Scenes
1. The first scene I am going to talk about is where Gilly meets Trotter, and Trotter comes straight forward on the first day of meeting Gilly, and says that she better not make fun of W.E.!If you want to find out his real name... read the book!
2. The second scene shows so much loveform Gilly to W.E. . Gilly was flying paper airplanes with W.E. .It was so cute! W.E.'s way with reacting about life is adorable. He has such a way of getting involved in the world. He just wants to express his feelings.
3. The third scene is where Mr.Randolph recites a poem with GIlly. Gilly was suprised that he remembered that! She just changed a little that point, and out. The poem is a very good yet long one though. Gilly just reacts so well with the poem! She really changed!That changed my point of view about her from the beginning, and trust me it's not good!
Kennedy's Top 3 Book Scenes
2. My second scene is when she steals money from Mr.Randolph. Can't say any more or I would spoile it. I feel like Gilly at this part.
3.The third scene I picked is when Gilly writes a letter back home. This really touched my heart. I felt bad.