Here's what's going on this week!
Dance I: All That Jazz
After a week of Ballet it's time to let loose with Jazz dance! This week we will focus on:
- The history of Jazz dance and its prominent leaders.
- How to warm up your body to prepare for movement.
- Basic Jazz dance technique: Jazz square, pivot turn, kick ball change, 3 step turn, grapevine.
- Incorporating technique to create a phrase of movement.
How to Do a Jazz Square Dance Move | Hip-Hop Workout
How to Do the Ball Change Cross | Jazz Dance
How to Pivot Turn | Jazz Dance
Dance II-III: Ballet Basics
This week we will focus on Ballet Technique.
- Body Alignment Principals
- Barre Basic: Plie, Tendu, Dégagé, Releve, Ronde de Jambe, Grand Battement
- Raising the Barre: Basics plus Passé, Soutenu
- Putting it together: Centre Work
Sign up for Remid by Friday!
Remind is the best way I can remind you about assignments, send you links to videos, attach music, or send last minute class details. Please be sure to register by this Friday! You can use your cell number, if you don't have one register with a parents or an email address.
Dance I click here https://www.remind.com/join/dd7715b
Dance II-III click here https://www.remind.com/join/danceiiiii
Medrano Dance Co. https://www.remind.com/join/meddanceco