September 4, 2023
Nathan Hale Community:
We would like to start off by thanking you all for your flexibility this week as we dismissed early on both Wednesday and Thursday due to excessive heat conditions outdoors. Secondly, we would like to officially welcome you all back to the 2023-2024 school year! We are so excited to begin this new year together. It was wonderful seeing familiar faces back in the hallways and so nice to welcome new students and families to our Hale Community.
You will be receiving this newsletter each week with important information regarding our school. We look forward to getting to know you all throughout the year. Please mark your calendars for three upcoming dates in September. Our first PTO meeting will be held on Monday evening, September 11th, at 5:00 PM in our school library. Our next event is our Open House which will be held on Wednesday, September 20th, from 5:00-7:00 PM. This will be an evening to visit your child's classrooms and meet our faculty. And lastly, please mark your calendars for our Fall Family Picnic on Friday, September 22nd. Our PTO will be providing a pizza truck and inflatable. We will be sending out a sign up genius next week for families to bring drinks, snacks and desserts.
We have some new faculty members who joined our Hale family. Please join us in welcoming the following staff members to our building:
- Jacey Padro (Grade 2 Teacher)
- Sheryll Mai (Grade 4 Teacher)
- Ian Blossom (Middle School Math Teacher)
- Amy Adkins (7/8 Language Arts Teacher)
- Sabrina DiCarlo (Special Education Teacher)
We would like to remind families that there will be no school held next Tuesday, September 12th, for primary elections.
Have a wonderful weekend with your families.
Nathan Hale School
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
- School doors open at 7:30 AM. Please do not leave children unattended prior this time, as there is no supervision available out front to monitor children dropped off early.
- If your child arrives after 7:45, they will be marked tardy. They must receive a late pass before going to their homeroom.
- Middle School students dismiss out the front of the building. Kindergarten dismisses from the auditorium. Grades 1 through 4 dismiss out the cafeteria doors. Please have ID available when picking up children in grades K-4. Siblings in grades 5-8 can sign out their younger sibling in the cafe and dismiss through the front doors.
- We understand that parking is limited, however, parents should not be parking or turning their vehicle around in the back bus loop. It is a safety issue, as students are boarding their buses at dismissal time.
- If you are making a last minute change to your child's regular dismissal routine, changes must by e-mailed to your child's teacher AND Michele Cappiello by 12:00 PM.
8/31: First Day of School
9/4: No School/Labor Day
9/11: PTO Meeting 5:00 PM
9/12: No School/Primary Elections
9/20: Open House 5:00-7:00 PM
9/25: No School/Yom Kippur