Icecream And Art
this page is for awesome recipes
The Ultimate Peppermint Bark
Peppermint bark is a Christmas classic. Who can resist dark chocolate, white chocolate, and crisp bites of minty Candy Canes? This delicious, easy peppermint bark makes a wonderful holiday gift.
If you don't have the time or inclination to temper the chocolate, you can either use candy coating, or use untempered chocolate. If you use chocolate chips, don't try to temper them, simply melt them. Just be aware that untempered chocolate bark will melt easily, so it should always be stored in the refrigerator.
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 12 ounces (about 2 cups) dark chocolate, chopped, or chocolate chips
- 12 ounces (about 2 cups) white chocolate, chopped, or white chocolate chips
- 8 peppermint Candy Canes
1. Unwrap the Candy Canes and place them in a food processor. Pulse on/off several times for 5-10 seconds each, until the canes have been crushed into small pieces. Alternately, place the candy canes in a large Ziploc bag and seal tightly. Use a rolling pin to roll/smash the candy canes until they are the size you desire.
2. Prepare a cookie sheet by covering it with smooth aluminum foil.
3. Melt or temper the dark chocolate. Pour the chocolate onto the prepared cookie sheet and use an offset spatula or knife to spread it to an even thickness, a little more than 1/8" thick. The chocolate does not have to reach all sides of the sheet, as it will be broken up later anyhow. Place the tray in the refrigerator to firm up while you prepare the white chocolate.
4. While the dark chocolate hardens, melt or temper the white chocolate. Stir in most of the candy cane bits, reserving about a quarter of the mixture to put on top.
5. Remove the tray from the refrigerator and spread the white chocolate in an even layer over the dark chocolate.
6. While the white chocolate is still wet, sprinkle the remaining candy cane pieces over the entire surface evenly. Press down very slightly to ensure they stick. Place the tray back in the refrigerator to firm up for 30 minutes.
7. Once the peppermint bark bark is completely set, break into small, uneven pieces by hand.