News from the Nest
Blue Heron Elementary - July 24, 2023
Important Dates to Know
- Monday July 24th and Tuesday July 25th- Kindergarten Assessment Days- Our new Kindergarten Friends will be meeting with Kindergarten teachers for a quick 15 minute assessment. Parents will have a space to sit in our lobby and complete an important questionnaire about your child.
- Monday August 7th- 5pm- All Kindergarten students who have participated in the Kindergarten Assessment can come by BHES playground and pick up teacher assignment letter. What a great time to meet some new friends.
- Thursday August 10th- Class assignments will be available in Schoology to families. An email will also be sent with teacher assignment from FCPS.
- Sunday August 20th- 4-6 pm Students in Grades 1-5 NEW to Blue Heron can have a tour of the building.
- Monday August 21st - 6-7 pm Kindergarten Back to School Night -Please plan to attend with your child. This is important.
- Tuesday August 22nd 3 & 4 year old PreK students to visit classrooms. You will be sent your visit time by next Friday August 4th.
- Tuesday August 22nd 3pm-4pm - Grades 1-5 BHES Open House- Walk with your child to see where they classroom will be, and say hello to your child's teacher. Pre-purchased school supply boxes will be on your child's desk. You may bring their school supplies with you.
- Wednesday August 23rd- First Day of School. Parents are not able to walk their child to class.
- Wednesday August 30th - Back to School Night for Grades 1, 3, 5- 6:00-7:30pm This is an evening for parents.
- Thursday August 31st - Back to School Night for Grades 2, 4- 6:00- 7:30pm This is an evening for parents.
FLYERS HAVING FUN
Hopefully everyone is enjoying the summer break and taking the opportunity to relax and recharge. We miss our Little Flyers and would love to see what they've been up to this summer. Please feel free to share a picture with us of our "Flyers having Fun". We will be sharing them on our Instagram page, Twitter, and in future newsletters. Pictures can be emailed to Mrs. Schwiegerath (Amy.Schwiegerath@fcps.org)