to South Elementary School of Communications
DISTRICT COVID INFORMATION
- The doors open at 8:25AM.
- School begins at 8:40AM.
- We ask that all parents/guardians dropping students off remain in their vehicles during drop off.
- We will have South staff members outside to guide the students into the school.
- You can drop off students at the front of the building in the front drive or in the circle lot.
- Staff will be located at both locations to assist.
- Please be patient during arrival as we want to make sure that everyone remains safe.
- PreK dismisses at 3PM. Pick up will be in the front drive.
- Busses are loaded at 3:40PM
- Walkers dismissed and begin loading vehicles at approximately 3:45PM
- Parents/guardians picking up students should remain in their vehicles during dismissal. Students will be called to each vehicle.
- Kindergarten and Daycare students can be picked up in the circle lot. If a kindergarten student has an older sibling at South, the older sibling would be picked up in the circle lot also.
- Students in grades 1-4 can be picked up in the front drive. In the front drive, cars will be moved up in line once the busses have been loaded and dismissed.
- Traffic in both locations will remain stopped until students are loaded safely. Staff members will be calling names so that students come to the vehicles.
- Remain in the car rider lines and follow staff direction for movement.
- Please be patient during dismissal as we want to make sure that everyone remains safe.
RSVP IN SKYWARD FAMILY ACCESS
-Link -> https://webspeed1.msdtech.net/scripts/wsisa.dll/WService=wsEAplus/seplog01.w
Checking A Student Out Of School Early
INFORMATION FROM FOOD SERVICE
Free Breakfast & Lunch for All Enrolled Students
The U.S. Department of Agriculture will continue reimbursing the MSD of Martinsville for free meals to all students regardless of their income through the 2021-22 school year. Menus and additional information will be posted on our website at www.artiescafe.org.
Free & Reduced Application
Our Free & Reduced Application will be called Curricular Materials & Meal Assistance Application. This application is still needed for families to receive a possible discount on curricular fees and is used by multiple agencies to award additional funding to the district and students. This application can be completed via Family Access.
Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Program Grant Recipients
South Elementary School of Communications has been awarded the grant to participate in the United States Department of Agriculture’s Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP) for the 2021-2022 school year. This USDA program offers a unique opportunity to broaden the palates of your students by introducing them to a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, ultimately impacting their nutrition and well-being.
Mark Your Calendar with Important Dates
August 9: PTO Meeting 7PM; Please join us for our first PTO meeting. The meeting will be held at South library or via Zoom. Below you will find the zoom link.
August 10: Open House and Title l annual meeting 5-6PM
August 11: First day of school for students
August 12: First day for PreK Students
August 14: PTO Bounce Back To School 5-8PM
August 27 & 28: TBRI Parent Training (See Flyer Below); Register by August 13, if interested.
September 6: Labor Day-No School
September 13: PTO Meeting 7PM
September 15: Midterms Posted
September 23: Picture Day
Title I Information
Want to get involved?!? Join South Elementary School PTO!!! This year's meetings will be in person, however a virtual option will be available as well. Click on this link to fill out the “Get Involved Form” and the link for our monthly meeting will be emailed to you each month. Meetings will be the first Monday of the month at 7:00PM. Our first meeting will be August 9, 2021. The meeting will be held at South library or via Zoom. Below you will find the zoom link.
https://zoom.us/j/94348072335?pwd=MzNwYmNNRDB2cWd5NlpYUk03RFBoZz09. We will be working to finalize our plans for our "Bounce Back to School" Event. All are welcome to attend and encouraged to participate. This year is going to be great and we need lots of ideas to make it extra special! Hope to see you there!!
PTO also has spirit wear available for purchase. There are South Elementary face masks, lanyards and shirts available. Link coming soon to be able to purchase spirit wear online. Spirit wear will also be available for purchase at this year's open house and "Bounce Back to School" event.
Vice President: Stephanie Mills
Secretary: Samantha McDaniel
Treasurer: Leslie Arthur
Zonar My View Bus App Available
Please help us welcome:
PTO will meet
Monday, August 9 @ 7:00PM
BACK TO SCHOOL
August 6thClass Assignments/Teacher Posted~ online in Family Access Only.
August 10, 2021
Open House 5-6PM
August 11, 2021
First Day Back to School
August 12, 2021
First Day for PreK students
- Laura McGuffey, Media Specialist
- Jamie Hobbick, Special Education Teacher
- Keah Hilderbrand, Music Teacher
- Carrie Fleener, Special Education Instructional Assistant
- Kaitlyn Walls, ELL Instructional Assistant
- Amanda Speaks, Night Custodian
- Erin Wolff, Technology/ Communications Teacher
Midterms will be posted
Wednesday, September 15th.
InterState Studio will be at South for picture day on September 23. Be sure to wear your smile!
Labor Day-No School
There will be NO School on Monday, September 6th.
Textbook fees will be sent and posted when available.
Students will be required to bring their Chromebooks to school each day. Please make sure they are fully charged and ready to go each morning.
A Change In Your Child's Dismissal Procedure
To change your child's dismissal procedure, please send a note to school or call the office at 765-349-1486 prior to 3PM. Please do not leave a message when making a dismissal change.
Stay Connected: See What's Happening!
South YouTube South YouTube
*Please contact the office if you need this information provided in another language.
"Empowering Students Through Communications and Lifelong Learning"
“Together we challenge and inspire our children through rich experiences, empowering them to achieve success while making positive contributions to our world.”
Home of the South Dolphins