CES May Newsletter
From the Desk of Mrs. Proskey
Well can you believe it? We are already coming to the close of another wonderful school year. What a year it has been?! I want to THANK YOU, the community, for all of your continuous support throughout the year. All of our teachers, parents and volunteers have worked so hard to move our students forward and make sure this was a successful and exciting year filled with Culver Pride. I am a proud administrator, a parent and a community member!!! We need to keep our efforts going in order to promote our wonderful teachers, programming, students and schools!!
I also want to give a big shout out to the parents and volunteers who help make our incentive programming that we have at the Elementary come to fruition. We value you and appreciate that you give up your valuable time throughout the day to help with BoxTop parties, R.E.A.D. parties, Book Fairs, library programming, attend field trips or just assist in the classroom either to help the teacher or simply read to a student. Without your generous donations of money, water, popsicles, food and help, these events would not be possible!! Believe it or not, the students will not remember the tests that they took but they will remember the fun they had at Culver Elementary and the difference you made in their lives! :)
If you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate or come in, email me at email@example.com or call me at 574-842-3389.
Dates to Remember...
- 5/3-5/5- ISTEP Makeup Testing
- 5/4- Marshall County Spelling Bee @ 6:00pm @ H.S. Auditorium
- 5/5- Mid-Terms Sent Home
- 5/5- IREAD3 Reports sent home
- 5/8-5/12- Book Fair
- 5/8-5/12- NWEA Testing (Grades 3-6)
- 5/9- Student of the Month Lunch @ Cafe Max
- 5/12- Spring Fling @ 5:00-7:00
- 5/12- BoxTops Due
- 5/12- BoxTop winners from 3rd nine weeks to the Park
- 5/13- Color Run @ 9:00am
- 5/15-5/19- DIBELS Testing
- 5/15- ISTEP Movie @ 1:00pm
- 5/15- Board Meeting @ 7:00pm @ Admin Building
- 5/16- 3rd grade field trip to the Red Gold Potato Farm
- 5/16- Mini 4H Honey Bee Program at school
- 5/16-5/17 Incoming Kindergarten Testing
- 5/16- Band/Choir Music Program @ 6:30pm
- 5/17- 5th Grade Field Trip to Indiana Dunes
- 5/18- SEAL Indiana Dental Visit
- 5/18- 1st Grade Spelling Bee @ 10:15am in Pit
- 5/18- Shakespeare Play @ 1:00 (for students) & 6:30 ( for the public)in CES Gymnasium
- 5/18- BoxTops Incentive- Lunch with the Principal :)
- 5/18- 5th grade to the Town Library
- 5/18- READ Dealine
- 5/19- 4th Grade to Conner Prairie
- 5/19- Cool Character Parade @ 1:00 (5/26- Raindate)
- 5/22- K-2 Read Movie
- 5/23- Kindergarten to Fort Wayne Zoo (5/24- Raindate)
- 6th grade to CCMHS for MS Orientation
- 5/24- 3-6 Read Movie
- 5/25- 1st Grade to Fair Oaks Farm
- 5/25- Mrs. Thompson' class - End of the year Pizza Party
- 5/26- 6th Grade to Park for Amazing Race
- 5/29- Memorial Day NO SCHOOL! :)
- 5/30- K through 5th Grade Awards @ 9:00am
- 5/30- 6th Grade Awards @ 1:00pm
- 5/31- Last Student Day
- 5/31- Field Day- 4-6 in AM/K-3 in PM
- 6/5- Board Meeting @ 7:00pm @ Admin Building
- 6/5-6/9- IREAD3 Summer School
- 6/9- IREAD3 Test
- 6/5-6/16- 6th Grade Summer School
- 6/19- Board Meeting @ 7:00pm @ Admin Building
- 7/17- Board Meeting @ 7:00pm @ Admin Building
- 7/18- Registration from 10am-7pm @ H.S. Media Center
- 7/19- Registration From 10am-7pm @ H.S. Media Center
Celebrate Book Fair (5/5-5/12) & Build up to Spring Fling (5/12)
To celebrate our love of books at the Book Fair and as we build up to our annual Spring Fling, Culver Elementary will be having Spirit Week.
Monday-Bring your book to life, be a character! Dress like a book character or wear a shirt that represents a character you love.
Tuesday-Orange you glad you read! Sport your Culver gear or orange and black.
Wednesday-Color your world with books! Wear the color of your grade to create a rainbow across our school.
Kinder-purple 1st-blue 2nd-red3rd-black 4th-yellow 5th-green 6th-orange Specials, Staff, Office - White
Thursday-Bring your crazy love of book to school today! Dress all out crazy.
Friday-Spring into action and be a super hero! Dress like a super hero or wear a shirt with your favorite super hero on it.
Thank you Elkay, Culver, for donating a Bottle Filling Water Fountain! Our Culver Elementary Student Council is humbled by your generosity!
Culver Community Schools PTO Color Run
Saturday, May 13th, 9am
701 School Street
CES Community Volunteer Program
CES Loves it's Volunteers!!!!