24 February 2023
Monday 27 February
- AUT Introduction Presentation; Y13s; Lunchtime; Hall
- University of Otago Introduction Presentation; Y13s; Lunchtime; L1 (back of Library)
- NCEA Information Evening; 6pm; Staffroom
Wednesday 1 March
- Unitec Course Introduction Presentation; Y13s; Lunchtime; L1 (back of Library)
- Photo's catch up day from 1pm to 3.30pm (lunch break from 1.40 to 2.25)
- MIT Course Introduction Presentation; Y13s; Lunchtime; L1 (back of Library)
See our Events Calendar page to see more.
On Monday, we will resume the weekly reports for ākonga/students and their learning each week. This is a new report which will focus on the effort, participation and preparation. There are five possible grades:
- Always (4)
- Usually (3)
- Occasionally (2)
- Never (1), and
- Unable to Comment (UC).
An example of how the report will look like is provided below:
New Staff Profile:
Here is one of the new teaching staff that has joined us at Rosehill College, here is a little about themself:
Mr Joshua Good - Art Department
Kia ora all! I am a proud Kiwi who was born and raised in Papatoetoe. My professional training includes a Diploma and Bachelor of Creative Arts which was completed at the Manukau Institute of Technology (MIT). Later I completed my Post Graduate Diploma in Teaching (Secondary) at the University of Auckland (UoA). I am currently studying my Masters in Education at UoA and loving the experience to deepen my understanding around issues that exist today.
My focus there is primarily around Pacific education in Aotearoa and issues that exist around achievement. I love boxing and rugby league, with my league teams I support being The NZ Warriors and the Rabbitohs.
NCEA Information Evening
Particularly for Y11 students and parents.
1 hour with some kai provided.
Nau mai, haere mai.
If unable to attend send a message to James Clarke firstname.lastname@example.org and the presentation will be sent to your email address.
Tuesday, Feb 28, 2023, 06:00 PM
Staffroom - Rosehill College Edinburgh Avenue, Rosehill, Auckland, New Zealand
Concerns About School Buses
Waka Kotahi Buses:
These are public buses, and we unfortunately have no control over the timetable or frequency in which they run. The school has enquired but please feel free to enquire yourself.
Richies/Murphies are aware of traffic and road concerns and will update you as soon as possible of any changes that may have been made.
Year 9 Health Checks
Dear parents and caregivers,
The Ministry of Health requires school nurses to complete a health check with all the Year 9 students at Rosehill College. The Year 9 health check has two parts to it, and verbal consent from your young person is obtained prior to beginning.
The first part of the assessment is a basic physical health check. This involves checking the student’s vision, hearing, blood pressure, weight, height and medical history. The purpose is to identify any current health-related concerns and where appropriate develop an in-school management plan. Our clinic can also assist in referring your young person to other health professionals for further assessment and intervention if needed.
The second part is about the student’s general well-being which provides a picture of their risk and resiliency.
The discussion will cover topics such as:
- Health factors relating to school, home and friends.
- Interests, both inside and outside of school.
- Education related to drugs, alcohol and sexual health.
- Mental health and wellbeing
The information given by students is kept private and confidential. A third party will only be involved if safety or risk-related concerns are identified.
We, as school nurses, are really looking forward to meeting all your amazing young people!
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions
Bianca, Nathalie, Laura & Serena
09 295 0661 Ext 491, Ext 492 & Ext 891
Alice in Wonderland the Pantomime Cast List
Well done to ALL who auditioned!
If you do not see your name in the link below, we would love for you to try out next year or be part of either the Stage Crew or Technical Team. See Mrs Harrison to put your name down for one of these roles.
First rehearsal for the whole cast is next Tuesday 28th February in the PAC 3.20pm-5pm
Spoken Word Club
Do you love writing? Have a poem or song in your head just bursting to come to life. Enjoy strong and powerful words and performance. Have something to say?
Any students keen to take up or join Spoken Word Club and maybe enter Word the Frontline 2023.
Please come to F4 at interval and lunchtime Monday 27th February and Wednesday 1st March.
This is an uncensored space, allowing rangatahi to have a voice. There is zero tolerance for hate speech.
Come and join a like minded group of young people.
Important Notice: Puni Tau Tekau / Year 10 Camps
Due to the PPTA strike day on Thursday 16th March the Rangatahi and Kahurangi camps had to change dates. Camp dates are now as follows:
Manutaki and Atawhai - Monday 13th March - Wednesday 15th March
Taikura and Kahurangi - Monday 20th March - Wednesday 22nd March
Pounamu and Rangatahi - Wednesday 22nd March - Friday 24th March
Permission and medical forms were given to Year 10 students over the past few days. If your child is attending, these forms need to be completed, signed and returned to your child's Head of House by Friday 24th February.
Attendance - email@example.com
Collecting students during the school day
· Please provide a note (stating the reason for leaving school and the time they need to leave) for your student to take to their Head of House to obtain an ‘Exit Permit’ before the start of school. You can also email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· If you need to collect your student urgently, please call the Student Office to arrange collection of the student from class. Please be mindful that this can still take time, planning ahead is always best.
All absences and lateness must be explained by a caregiver, you can do this by:
· Using the Rosehill College App – scan the above QR code to download it.
· FREE PHONE: 0800 RCAWAY (0800 722929)
· PHONE: 295 0661 Ext 869 at any time and leave a message
· EMAIL: email@example.com
If the student is late to school
· The student must go straight to class unless it is after Tutor Group Time or Period 2 on Tuesdays, then they sign in at the Student Office and
Provide a note from the parent/caregiver advising the reason for being late or contact Attendance.
A big week in the sporting world of Rosehill College with more sports getting underway with both games and trials! If you were unable to make a trial or training please get in contact with one of the Sports Coordinators!
Softball Boys got underway this week and started really strong! Getting themselves a 14-3 win over Green Bay! A big week of softball is ahead next week with the girls playing a double header Wednesday, boys playing their second game Monday and both teams competing at the Div 1 championships on Friday!
See upcoming trial dates, permission slips must be returned before trials.
Girls Premier/Senior Monday 27 February 4.15-6.30pm
Year 9 Tuesday 28 February 4.15pm-6.30pm
Year 10 Wednesday 1 March 4.15-6.30pm
Permission Slips returned to Sports Department asap please
1st Week- Girls lost to Otahuhu 11-25, 18-25
Boys beat Ormiston Hawks Boys 25-21, 27-29, 15-8
2nd Week Boys lost to Papakura 16-25, 10-25
Girls lost to James Cook HS 13-25, 11-25 & lost to One Tree Hill 16-25, 14-25
We had 3 students competing at Counties Zone
Year 10 Clinton Nelson
Year 13 Anthony Catley
Year 13 Meg Shuker.
Meg got a 2nd/3rd & 2 x 1sts in her races.
The Top16 times across all zones qualify for Auckland Champs
Junior Girls Basketball
Junior Girls Basketball are having their first trial/runaround on Wednesday 1 March in Gym 1 (Old Gym)! So make sure to bring a change of clothes and meet in Gym 1 straight after school!
CALLING ALL COACHES!
We are looking for coaches to help out this upcoming season. We have heaps of opportunities available in various different sports so please reach out if you are interested!
Let's celebrate our rainbow community and Auckland Pride with a whānau day for all to enjoy! With a DJ jamming in the garden and a host of free activities and delicious kai to enjoy.
Saturday 25 Feburary 10:00AM, Nathan Homestead Pukepuke
- PRIDE DJ - DJ Kate joins us to spin tunes in our beautiful garden and create a backdrop to the days fun. Bring a picnic blanket and chill or get busy in some of our activities.
- GLOW UP FACE PAINTING - Free face painting for big and small 11am - 1pm.
- RAINBOW BAKER COMPETITION- Show us your baking skills with a contest that celebrates creativity and baking flair. Go big, go bold and let your creativity soar! Winners to be crowned on the day and take home Hill House Café vouchers.
- LOVE LETTERS PRINTMAKING - Give printmaking a go with artist/ printmaker Toni Mosley while you take in the Pride Love Letters Exhibition.
- CROCHET RAINBOWS - Resident artists Lizzy and Rudi Cole join us in a rainbow spreading drop in crochet workshop, where you can learn the basics and make your own crochet piece to show off.