Shamrock Gardens Dragon Direct
Think Different. Do Different. Be Different.
Week of January 11-January 15, 2016
Thank you for a great first week back! It was great walking around and seeing scholars hard at work and on track. Thank you so much for taking the time to remind scholars of procedures and expectations.
With TRC testing coming up, it is important to remind scholars to show all of their hard work in their reading and writing. Please see the assigned schedule below. You have all worked so hard to get our scholars where they are. Thank you for your dedication to Shamrock Gardens each and every day. Have a great and restful weekend!
We will see you Monday!
The Week at a Glance
- TRC Testing Begins
- Prospective Parent Open House @ 10 AM
- Teach Like a Champion @ 3:30 PM (Media Center)
Tuesday January 12, 2016:
- Hispanic Parent Community Meeting @ 8:15-9:15 AM
Wednesday January 13, 2016:
- Staff Meeting @ 3:35 PM
- Staff Photo @ 4:15 PM
Thursday January 14, 2016:
NOTE: No half day planning due to TRC testing coverage.
- Thursday Folders--Please send home 2 work samples with feedback
- Curriculum Night @ 5:00-7:00 PM
Friday January 15, 2016:
- DIBELS Testing Due
- Bagels in the Staff Lounge
- Perfect Attendance Party--K-2: 2:10-2:25, 3-5: 2:25-2:50--Will be held in Cafe
Teach Like a Pirate PD on January 20th
- Sign up with course number 427812 in My Talent
New Discovery Education Login
- Example of a K-4 student login:
- User Id: represents the Student ID
- Password: Cmsx0000 (replace 0000 with graduation year for the student’s class) Example: Cmsx2027
- Please note that 5th Grade logins are unique. Passwords are computer-generated for each individual student. Spreadsheets have been compiled, and uploaded at http://schoolshares.cms.k12.nc.us/default.aspx
Looking for Extra Compensation Hours?
- Help us keep our scholars safe by signing up to ride an afternoon bus. It only takes 10 minutes and it is a wonderful time to build relationships with scholars. Please email Mr. Mohrien.
Refresh and Restart!
As Ms. Polsgrove’s Class Sign Reads…
“A Goal is a Dream with a Deadline.”
Shamrocker of the Week!: Mrs. Sarah Allen, Third Grade
Ms. Parker would like to recognize Ms. Allen for being so "hard-working, dedicated, patient, and being an excellent leader" for the third grade team!
Hometown: Canisteo, NY
Alma Maters: SUNY Geneseo, National University
Years at Shamrock Gardens: 2
Favorite Thing About Shamrock Gardens: The beautiful campus and gardens as well as the small community feeling that is present throughout the staff, scholars, and families.
This Year, I’m Looking Forward To: Working with a fantastic team of teachers and GROWING awesome 3rd grade Readers and Mathematicians!