Support Services During Covid-19
Useful Links for Families
Information for Families
We will be monitoring the coronavirus situation carefully and following all guidelines set by our District and State Health Department. The purpose of this newsletter is to share resources and information, and to give you some suggestions of great websites for yourselves and your families.
For important updates, we will notify you in the following way:
- In-class announcements given by your teachers.
- Video announcements given by Transition Navigator, Liliana Campos.
- Text Messages
Please don't hesitate to be in touch with questions or concerns,
This site is available in English, Spanish, and Chinese. Just click the button and it will take you to the website.
At Home Learning at Sequoia Adult School
At-home classes will continue until further notice. Once again, we will follow direction from the county health department regarding opening. We envision that this will start with a few smaller classes where we can maintain social distance, and expand from there. We do not have dates yet as to when we will open.
Sequoia Adult School to continue using Zoom for daily instruction
High School Diploma and High School Equivalent Orientation
You will need:
- High School transcripts if you attended High school in the USA.
- Computer, tablet, or phone and internet connection to be able to attend online orientation and class.
Google Number: (650) 382-3656
HSE Testing during Stay at Home Orders
2020 Graduation Postponement
Can I get no-cost internet during the COVID-19 outbreak?
Go to this website to see if you are eligible for free or low-cost internet.
Free Food Resources during Covid-19 Pandemic
In Need of Rent Assistance?
If you live in Redwood City, North Fair Oaks, Portola Valley, Woodside, Atherton, Please apply here: www.redwoodcity.org/housinghelp
Please watch the video below to learn more.
Mental Health Awareness Month
This 2020 Mental Health Awareness month the San Mateo County Health- Behavioral Health & Recovery Services is hosting webinars!
Hear My Voice! Wrap Around Trauma
Each Mind Matters: Express Yourself
Have you lost your sense: Of your own personal Power? Of the trust in the world? Is it difficult for you not socializing with others? Let's take back your own power!
If you feel you have lost your power, come and join us as we focus on Wellness Tools and Action Plans that will support you in the process of:
• Taking back your own power
• Taking some safe risks
• Seeking out people who validate you and your experiences
Register in advance for this meeting: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwvc-mgrTItHdLWcvFdoGDlsdC7wOJPFBlS
Behavioral Health & Recovery Services – Office of Diversity and Equity
310 Harbor Boulevard, Building E, Belmont, CA 94002
San Mateo County Health
Free Educational Websites for Home
Sometimes screen time is a necessity if we have children at home and work we need to do. Here are three apps that make screen time a learning time:
- CodeMonkey: a game-based education program that teaches children to code. It comes with a membership fee, but there's a free 14-day trial that doesn't require a credit card.
- BrainPop: Online learning across subject areas for children in kindergarten through middle school and ELL learning for all age groups. Free.
- Khan Academy: Online learning in math, science, and literacy for all age groups. Standards-aligned. Free.
- Scholastic Learn at Home: Interactive learning journeys for all ages.