Show Tunes and Modern
Charlece Lake, Arobics, period 1, Miller, January 14, 2014
- Seymour Felix changed dancing and created Broadway
- New York did not have a significant theater presence until about 1750
- after the great depression Broadway hit a golden age with the blockbuster hit " Oklahoma!"
- dances are very theatrical and intense
- show tunes are said to be originated from Libettist W. S. Gilbert and Authur Sullivan
- originated in Europe
- modern dance is a style of western concert dance which began in the 19th century and early 20th century
- modern dance broke away from the conformed style of classical ballet
- dancer Martha Graham was an early pioneer of the modern dance
- usually in modern dance they have costumes that are usually flow and are light modern dance usually tells a story or has a message
- Isadora Duncan was a predecessor of modern dance with her on the center of her torso, bare feet, loose hair,free-flowing costumes, and having humor in her dances
- Originated in America when Classic dancers rebelled against the normal ways of dance
My group danced to the instamental sing " im idffernet". it told a story of two girls who broke away from the normal crowd, and became there own self. I t was a modern dance because we had flowing movements and we told a story.
our show tunes dance was " fabulous" from High School Musical. What made it a Broadway type dance was we acted our stuff and actions during the song. That is one of the main things that most Broadway shows have, they all act out a story that goes along with the song.