An interactive white board for the iPad!
What is Educreations?
Creating Your Account
Go to http://www.educreations.com and create your account there. (You can do this step on your laptop if you wish.) I suggest you make your password something easy to remember (mbes123; abcde; etc) so if a kid needs to log in, you can tell them the password!
Download the Educreations app from the App Store. If you already have the app, make sure it is the updated version. The icon at the top of this Smore is the icon for the "new" Educreations. The old icon looks different. Open the app and go to the "gear" icon, tap Login, and enter your information.
Creating Your Own Lesson
- Decide on an upcoming math topic that you would like to model.
- Open Educreations app on your iPad.
- Tap the + to create a new video. *Here is what it will look like: (first image is for old version; second image is for updated version)
5. You can either record while you are solving the problem or after explaining what you did to solve the problem. You can also pause recording at any time and resume it again later. (The video example was recorded while they were working.)
If your students are making a video, I suggest you have them write it out and then record.
6. When you are finished, tap the Done/Export button and save the lesson. Name it, set to Private, select a subject and tap save.
Ideas for Use
- Students can solve their own math problems in Educreations and explain their thinking.
- Students can draw story elements and voice over explaining a story.
- This app has limitless possibilities!
If you have students create videos (while logged into your account), you can log onto Educreations on your laptop at any time and view all completed videos! What a great way to check their center work!!
How do you earn your Educreations badge?
- Select a "lesson" that you've created (or it could be one a student did)
- Choose the "share" icon at the top
- Tap the "link" icon
- Choose "copy link"
- Paste link into an email and send it to me OR you can stop by and show me