Indian Run Family Update
Indian Run Elementary | January 7, 2022
Hello Indian Run Families,
What a great first week back from winter break! We missed our students so much and had so much fun getting back into a groove this week. We hope you are your family had a great week as well. As always, if you need help or have any questions, please reach out.
Have a great weekend,
Amber and Marty
Indian Run Announcements
- Join us for our next PTO Meeting on January 11 @ 7pm
- This will be a virtual meeting via Google Meet
- If you'd like to attend, please email Marty Assmann and the Google Meet information will be shared with you.
- See below for the January PTO Newsletter.
Covid-19 Vaccine Mobile Clinic
- January 8, 2022 @ Daniel Wright Elementary
- Free. Walk-ins welcome :)
- 10am - 3pm
- See the flyer below.
PERC - Teens and Technology - Free Virtual Workshop for Adults
- Nationwide Children's Hospital and The Center for Family Safety and Healing is hosting a free virtual workshop, Teens and Technology: Dating in a Digital World, for adults and caregivers on Saturday, January 22, 10 a.m. to noon. Participants will learn about popular teen social media apps and websites, and how they can be misused for control in relationships. Resources will be shared for setting boundaries and empowering teens to use technology for prevention. Register here or contact Judy Mathis.
UPCOMING INDIAN RUN EVENTS
- January 17 (No School - MLK JR Day)
- - - - - - - - -
The latest COVID-19 data for Dublin City Schools is posted at this link.
Dublin City Schools is finalizing contingency plans in the event of excessive teacher and student absences due to the recent surge of COVID-19 cases. We are doing everything possible to keep our students in class, and have no plans to move the entire District into remote learning mode. However, if staff absences exceed capacity for substitute teachers, individual school(s) may need to be temporarily shifted to remote learning on short notice. If this becomes necessary, principals will communicate directly with their communities via email, phone call and text message.
Attention 8th grade parents: Join PERC for “Planning for Success” on Jan. 11
On Jan. 11 at 6:30 p.m., PERC will be hosting “Looking Ahead: Planning for Success in High School and Beyond?” where eighth grade parents will receive tips and tools for high school success. Details are available here.
2022 Community Champion Award Nominations
This spring, the Dublin Chamber of Commerce and Dublin City Schools are partnering to honor the best in volunteerism, giving back, and selflessness with the 2022 Community Champion Awards. Please take a moment to nominate deserving students and staff at this link.
Anticipated changes to public participation at Board of Education meetingsIt is anticipated that changes to public participation procedures at Dublin City Schools Board of Education meetings will be implemented on a trial basis for the first two months of 2022 in an effort to increase dialogue opportunities between board members and the public. Click here for more information.