Stay in the know with the University Career Center
YOUR FUTURE IS WAITING!
Summer Camp Job Fair
Check out the different organizations looking for qualified students to work this summer at the 2019 Summer Camp Job Fair.
- Summer Camp Counselors and Activity Instructors
- Ropes Team, Lifeguards, Hype Team, Media, Marketing, Kitchen Staff, Office
- Photographers, Videographers, Utility Player
- Program Counselor
- Equestrian Counselor, Health Coordinator, Program Coordinator, Expedition staff,
- Lead Climber, Adventure Staff, Videographer, Kayaking Instructor, Horseback Riding Instructor
Camps from: Florida, North Carolina, Colorado and Georgia
* Bring multiple copies of your resume
IT Career Fair
You never have a second chance to make a first impression, so business attire is required for the IT Career Fair.
Sign-Up for Interviews Today!
Would you like to work in communications, marketing, or media? Join us for the Media & Communications Interview Day! Employers will be coming to campus to interview you for real internships and jobs. This event is great for any major or year interested in communication jobs or internships. First and second-year students are encouraged to participate as well! Sign up for as many opportunities as you are interested.
To sign up for campus interviews:
- Activate or access your existing Handshake account via Unify or at gcsu.joinhandshake.com . Verify your profile information so that you have the correct major and year listed.
- Use Handshake to upload your resume by going to the menu with your name and choosing the Documents menu. Choose 'Add New Document'.
*Please note that your resume must be reviewed and approved by the Career Center which can take up to 48 hours. You will not be able to sign up for an interview time if your resume is not approved.
- Once your resume is approved in Handshake, on the Handshake home screen, click ‘Jobs’ tab.
- Select ‘On-campus interviews’ tab
- In the filter option, type “Media” and a full list of available employers coming to the event will populate.
- Click on the employer that interests you.Under Related Jobs, select the position in which you want to interview.Under Related Jobs, select the position in which you want to interview.
- Under Related Jobs, select the position in which you want to interview.
- Click ‘Apply/Quick Apply’, attach appropriate documents, and click the green ‘Submit Application’ button.
- If the interview schedule is an open schedule, you will be able to 'Take a Slot' on an interview schedule. Click ‘Take Slot’ for the interview slot you wish to interview. This is your interview time.
- If the interview schedule is a pre-select schedule, the Career Center/employer will contact you when you’ve been selected for an interview.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We are so excited for you to join us!
Friday, February 15 | 140 Lanier Hall | 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Have a LinkedIn account but not sure how to use it to find a job or internship? Come learn secret techniques to help secure your next job or internship at our LinkedIn Meet-up. Our advisors are ready to guide you through your job/internship search journey using LinkedIn.
Be sure to bring your laptops if you have one! This session will be tailored to meet the needs of attendees so come with questions and leave with confidence!
Click the button above to visit Georgia College Handshake and view all current job and internship postings.
Sample of Full-time Positions
Here is a sample of the jobs recently added to Hanshake. Click the blue button above to search more jobs opportunities.
Assistant Project Manager at Sharpe Contractors, LLC in Suwanee, GA
Fiscal Specialist at Southern Georgia Regional Commission in Waycross, GA
Logistics Coordinator at Interfor in Peachtree City, GA
Shipping Supervisor at Wayne Farms in Pendergrass, GA
Sales Research Coordinator at Feld Entertainment in Ellenton, FL
Gap Year: Community Health Fellowship at Project Horseshoe Farm in Marion, AL
Digital Marketing Specialist at University of Wisconsin-Madison in Madison, WI
Sample of Posted Internship and Part-time Positions
This is a sample of paid and unpaid internships and part-time positions posted on Handshake. Click the blue button above to search for more internship and part-time opportunities.
Part-Time Marketing Assistant at Grinstead Management, LLC in Macon, GA
Marketing and Communications Intern at Tallatoona CAP in Cartersville, GA
Interpretive Resources Intern at Zoo Atlanta in Atlanta, GA
CASE Advancement Intern at Council for Advancement and Support of Education in Washington, DC
Park Ranger Career Development Internship at Virginia Dept. of Conservation and Rec in Richmond, VA
Production Internships at The Public Theater in New York City, NY