A Later Start For School's
Should school start later?
My 3 Reasons
- Better Students
- More Time To Get Morning Stuff Done
- The Older You Get The More Sleep You Need
- When students get more sleep they are more alert and are ready to learn.
- Research that the National Sleep Foundation has done shows that 60% of children are tired during the day and 15% fall asleep.
- Some schools have already pushed back start times form 7:15 to 8:40 and teachers have seen improvement in grades just from 45 more minuets of sleep.
More Time For Planning And Getting Morning Stuff Done
- When you push back the start time of school teachers have more time to plan and get ready.
- Teachers have to: wright homework, wright their plans on the board, and make last minuet plans for the day.
The Older You Get The More Sleep You Need
- The older you get the more sleep you need (Like it says in the article: Later School Start Time Has Surprising results).
- Teens need more sleep as they get older because their body is growing and their using up more energy, hence the need of more sleep to produce that needed energy.