Williams Valley Elementary School
Reopening: Part 2
Full Online Asynchronous Learning Option
- Students can complete work at their own pace watching pre-recorded lessons, videos from other sources, Google Slides, and other various methods conveying instruction. Please note, it may take up to 24 hrs. for recorded video to upload to Google Classroom
- They can also complete assignments at their leisure but will have a minimum of 48 hrs to complete any assignment.
- Teachers can be contacted for assistance during normal school hours through email, chat in Google Classroom, or phone.
- Pickup for materials for asynchronous students will be September 9th, 10th, and 11th from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at the elementary school. There will be an after hours pick up from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm at the elementary.
* If you did not complete the latest survey and would like to let us know, please Notify Brian Pipech at 717-647-2167 ex.1224
Student arrival at school will be from 8:05 am to 8:40 am in the morning. Any student arriving after 8:40 will be marked as tardy. Parents dropping off their students are asked to arrive between 8:05 and 8:15 am (This is a change from the Student Handbook). Parents are asked not to park in any of the visitor spots at the school and stay in line. Wait until you can pull up to the curb and allow the student to exit your vehicle. Parents, please do not exit your vehicle. Within the first two weeks, parents will be issued a mirror tag that will correlate with a tag that your student(s) will have on their backpack.
(Note: Please contact Mrs. Dimon at ADimon@wvschools.net in our office during the first week of school and let her know if you will be transporting your student, specifically at the end of the day, so we can issue a mirror tag.)
Once students exit their vehicle, they will be directed to one of three entrances.
Kindergarten, First Grade, and Second Grade will enter through the main entrance
Students who are picked up will be dismissed in a staggered fashion and will exit the building through the same place they entered.
#1 - Kindergarten (Main), Third Grade(Gym), and Fifth Grade(Recess)
#2 - First Grade(Main), Fourth Grade (Gym), Sixth Grade (Recess)
#3 - Second Grade (Main)
Students who ride the bus will be called as their bus pulls in to the lot.
I am excited for Tuesday and can't wait to meet everyone to begin our journey together!