Burleson Elementary News
November 5, 2020
50TH DAY OF SCHOOL
LUNCH WITH MRS. COFFMAN
A NOTE FROM MRS. COFFMAN
I have a few friendly reminders for you. It is imperative your students are in class by 7:45 am. We use all instructional minutes and class work begins at 7:45. If you child enters late, they are missing instruction. Five or more tardies results in Monday Makeup School. Also, please be sure your child is bringing a water bottle and mask to school everyday.
Per dress code, shorts may not be worn beginning November 4th
The students are working hard to earn brag tags by exhibiting citizenship and leadership behaviors, attendance, top readers, and grades. We know that the more students are here at school and engaged in learning, the better they will be in the future!
Both Haylee and Ava earned the princpal's award for the first quarter! These students exhibited good behavior, led by example, and always follow directions. Thank you for being a great example for our school! We sure did enjoy our McDonald's too!
Thank you to PTO and all those who donated candy for our school trick or treating! The students had so much fun and loved dressing up! We appreciate you thinking of our students! Meadow is the best!
PTO TRICK OR TREAT
- Practice letter and sound recognition. Letter for this week is Yy.
- Focus on number recognition up to number 12.
- Library book is due back on Tuesday.
- Please write number of words read on reading log.
- Check snack list.
- Bring water bottle every day.
****Parents please remember that as of Nov. 1st, students are not allowed to wear shorts to school.
Thank you for all your support! Mrs. A 😊
1. Practice sight words and be reading with your child every night.
2. Coupon fundraiser due Nov. 19th -- sell, sell, sell :)
3. Thanksgiving food drive in the classroom is until Nov. 18th.
4. Bring library books and water bottle every day.
5. Keep in touch if your child will be absent. Their attendance is crucial!
Thank you for everything!
- Sight word test on Friday over all the green words.
- Spelling test Friday.
- Practice +4's.
- Bring library books and water bottle every day.
- Scholastic book orders due by Nov. 18th.
- Bring can goods for the Thanksgiving food drive until Nov. 18th.
- Coupon fundraiser due on Nov. 19th.
Thanks for all you do!!
1. We will be testing on +10 tomorrow. We will work through +12s and then review for a week before moving on to subtraction facts.
2. Study the spelling words for a test each Friday.
3. Bring your library book to school every day. READ, READ, READ!
4. Remember to bring a water bottle each day(water only).
5. We're excited to be making and enjoying Stone Soup on Friday! Be on the lookout for pictures on ClassDojo.
Thank you for all that you do!
- New reading log calendars have been sent home! Make sure your child is reading and filling in the calendar so they can earn their free Book It coupon for a pizza!
- Make sure you are going over the spelling pattern with your child. They go home every Tuesday.
- Make sure you are checking your Class Dojo messages.
- Practice math facts each night.
- Msth fact practice pages are sent home on Tuesdays and are due on Fridays.
- Coupon fund raiser due on November 19.
- Bring canned goods for the Thanksgiving basket collection through November 18th.
- Study multiplication facts every night.
- Coupon fundraiser due Nov. 19th -- sell, sell, sell :)
- Thanksgiving food drive in our classroom is going on now. It is due on Nov. 18th.
- Bring a water bottle EVERYDAY! (We have forgotten these a lot lately!)
- On Tuesday we took our CBA #3. We will go over these next week.
- This week 4th graders are writing the final copy of their opinion essays.
- Our spelling words this week are words with prefixes and suffixes – test on Friday!
- In Social Studies we are continuing to learn about the early European explorers. This week we are learning about Spain’s opinion of Texas and the first Missions.
- As always… Read, read, read – 4th grade has lost its first-place position for the most words read in the school and we want it back!!
Please remember to send your child with a clean mask and refillable water bottle every day.
Please message me on Dojo with any questions or concerns.
- Spelling Test Friday
- Please be reading EVERY night!!!!
- Water bottles and CLEAN masks need to come every day
- Keep up to date by checking Class DOJO regularly
- Math facts every night.
- Math facts quiz Friday.
FFA 2ND ANNUAL THANKSGIVING FOOD BOXES
As you may know, FFA is collecting items for a Thanksgiving Food Box to giveaway to members of our community.
We desperately need your help!!!!
Our goal is to get enough for 25 boxes and our cabinets are currently empty.
Please if you have any donations or connection for donations please bring them to the AG Shop. We will take them now.
We are trying to have everything collected by Friday the 19th and distribute on Sunday, the 23rd.
Here are some of the suggested items we are looking for to put in the boxes.
Boxed Stuffing Mix
Box Instant Mashed Potatoes
Gravy (jar or mix packet turkey)
Canned Green Beans
Cream of Mushroom Soup
French Fried Onions
Boxed Macaroni Cheese
Thank You for your help!!!!!!!
Meadow FFA Advisor
BRONCO FOOTBALL NEWS
Friday, November 6th
WEAR YOUR PURPLE & GOLD FOR TOMORROW'S PEP RALLY!!
WEDNESDAY SNACK SHACK
Prices will range from $2.00 - $4.00
NOVEMBER LUNCH MENU
Your child's name will be displayed on the day of their birthday. If their special day falls on a weekend their shout out will be displayed on the Friday before. This is open to ALL Meadow students and staff.
NOVEMBER 23 - NOVEMBER 27