Facts about Mexico
- President: Enrique Pena Nieto
- The official name for Mexico is the United Mexican States.
- Mexico is the 11th most populated country in the world.
- There are 31 states in Mexico.
- The most popular sport in soccer.
- The world's largest pyramid is in Mexico.
- San Francisco was part of Mexico until the Mexican-American war in 1848.
Holidays and celebrations
- The Day of the Dead, celebrated on November 2, is a day set aside to remember and honor those who have died.
- Cinco de Mayo, which marks a Mexican military victory over the French in 1862
- The Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, which is celebrated on December 12, is a major Mexican holiday celebrating the appearance of the Virgin Mary to an Indian man in the first years of Spanish.
Mexican food has always been considered spicy. Mexican food history shows that Mexico has given chocolate to the world, as well as other food like peanuts, vanilla, beans, coconuts and tomatoes. Today we can find different kinds of foods Mexicans eat.
These are some examples of Mexican food.
Beautiful places to visit in Mexico
Puerto Vallarta is a resort town on Mexico's Pacific coast. It is mostly known for its beaches and water sports. It has a a lot of bars and restaurants. In Puerto Vallarta there are a lot of things that you can do like whale-watching, diving, motorcycling, golf and much more.
About a generation ago, Acapulco was Mexico's most popular tourist destination. The city was beautiful because it had plenty of actives and thing to do.
Cabo San Lucas
What mainly attracts people here are the beaches. The most spectacular natural sight in "El Arco." El Arco is a natural Arch made of rock which is carved through thousands of years of sea.