Miss Wright's First Grade Gazette
February 8th- February 12th
There is a note coming home today about pink eye. Your student has been exposed to pink eye. Though it is NOT a serious health threat, it can be very uncomfortable. The letter gives symptoms and things to know. Please make sure you read it, it is being sent home today.
What we're working on:
- Question of the week-What do animals do when seasons change?
- Phonics Skill Consonant pattern-dge and comparative endings: er, est
- Drawing Conclusions
- Contractions with not
- Poetry Notebooks
- High Frequency words: does, good-bye, before, won't, oh, right
Spelling words: faster, fastest, taller, tallest, shorter, shortest, sadder, saddest, bigger, biggest
- 1 more, 1 Less and 10 more, 10 less
- Making Numbers on 100 chart
- Comparing numbers using >,<,=
- Organizing numbers
Social Studies: Black History Month
Monday, Feb. 8th, 2:45pm
8817 Wornall Road
Kansas City, MO
A list of first names went home last week. If you have sent in a sheet, I have down what you signed up for! Look forward to seeing those who volunteered.