BES Weekly Update
Happy Sunday, Byrd Eagles!
Mark your calendars for our next Virtual Family Fun Night with the YMCA on March 26 at 6:30pm. This is a virtual event. A link to attend using your student device will be shared with students in Seesaw and Schoology.
Virtual & Asynchronous BES families: If you were not able to attend Picture Day this fall due to COVID-19, we have some great news! Lifetouch and Shutterfly have come together to make sure your school pictures are featured in the 2020-2021 Yearbook. Please see the attached flyer for more details. If you would like your student's picture to be in the 2020-2021 Yearbook please send your photo to Ms. Hendricks by March 19, 2021. You can email them to email@example.com or text them to (804) 221-2288
Later this month, our school will administering the Gallup Student Poll to all students in grades 5 to 12. The Student Poll is a 20-question survey that measures hope, engagement, and well-being for students in grades 5-12. The survey should take no more than 10 minutes. Please click on this link for additional information. The survey will not ask for any information that can identify your student. Any student in a remote setting can take this survey. If you would like to opt-out of this survey, please make a written request to your child’s school. If you have any questions, please contact your child's school for more information. The feedback we collect from this survey will guide our work to continue to deliver a quality educational experience for your child, and we appreciate your support.
- Students need to charge the iPad each night and bring it to school each day.
- Wash masks after each use.
Other things to remember:
- Preschool Applications: Goochland County Public Schools is now accepting applications for preschool for the 2021-2022 school year! GCPS offers preschool classes to children who are 4 years old at Randolph Elementary & Goochland Elementary, and for children who are 3 and 4 years old at Byrd Elementary. Our preschool programs are free to eligible families and transportation is provided. Applications are available online and at all three elementary schools. For more information, please call our Department of Exceptional Education at 804-556-5615.
- Our local Community Action grant has funds to assist income eligible parents with the cost of after care. Goochland Parks and Recreation department has an afterschool care program that qualifies as well as any licensed child care provider." Click here for income guidelines and application form.
- You can now order your 2020-2021 Yearbook! In-person order forms were sent home on Friday. You can order online at www.ybpay.lifetouch.com and enter yearbook ID code: 10310621. Additional paper order forms will be held in the front office. The deadline to order a 2020-21 school yearbook is March 29,2021. If you have any questions email Janessa Hendricks, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you ordered a yearbook last year (19-20) and have not received it, contact the school to arrange pickup