KCSD Virtual Academy
September Cyberside Chat
2022/2023 School Year
A Note from the Principal
Meet the Team
Trudy Wagner - Administrative Assistant
Biff Walizer - Academic Advisor Grades 10-12 and K-12 Special Education
Michelle Spedding - Academic Advisor Grades K-9
Scott Bair - Online Physical Education
- All attendance excuses must be emailed to email@example.com.
- Bloomz is our new communication tool. We will send more information about how to get connected soon! We will be using this for our updates, announcements, you will be able to message our advisors and many more features.
- Online learning can be very challenging, here are some tips to help you reach success!
Need to Know How Many Weekly Assignments to Do???
- From your dashboard take the total number of assignments and divide it by the weeks of enrollment or school days available
Example: Math=45 assignments, English=45, Science=45, History=45, Spanish=45 - 45+45+45+45+45=225 total assignments
Enrollment is 9 weeks (1 MP) 225/9=25 assignments per week or 5 per day
In this case, we would look for 25 assignments per week to be considered full attendance
Missing assignments would equal absences - ex. 20/25 (5 missing= 1 full day)
- Attendance is calculated based upon assignment completion in order to stay on pace NOT by days logged on
Interested in the CTC Program?
All students in grades K-8 will be participating in our upcoming district assessments which will be administered between September 21-28th. Students in K-2 will be tested using the Aimsweb assessment and students in grades 3-8 will be tested using NWEA MAP assessment. These assessments are administer in the Fall, Winter and Spring and will provide you as well as their teacher valuable information on academic growth. To learn more about our assessment please click the links below.
Accessing PE Class (only class not in Genius) - Elementary will use Google Classroom and Secondary will use Schoology