Our Lady of Lourdes School T1:W3
Newsletter 16th February 2021
PRINCIPAL/ TUMUAKI MESSAGE
Thank you to our wonderful school community who joined together with our parish on Sunday for our Feast Day Mass. It was a very special time together.
Please make sure you are connected to our school in some way.
With these uncertain times please make sure you are connected to our school.
- We will email you for important school information - we have updated all emails contact details.
- Please make sure you are connected through the Seesaw APP - teachers are using SEESAW to stay connected with you - especially if we move Levels.
- Our Webpage, School App, School calendar are now all connected - make sure you have the link .
Please download SCHOOLAPPSNZ and look for OUR LADY OF LOURDES SCHOOL. This is one way we keep you informed of our happenings. Our school website can be found at: https://olol.school.nz/Please make sure you continue to use SEESAW to view your child’s learning and progress throughout the year.
OUR 'NEW' NEWSLETTER FORMAT
- In time we can add videos and many other aspects of our school life to share with you.
- This can also be read in all languages - with a click of a button at the top by the title of the right hand side of the newsletter. Pick your language that is best for your and your family.
- It can also be adapted in larger fonts ... a newsletter for all - look to the TOP and RIGHT SIDE
- This will also be sent to you via your email address.
- Please come to the school office if you wish to collect a paper copy of the newsletter
CATHOLIC CHARACTER NEWS
WEEK 3 15th – 19th February (Green)
17th Ash Wednesday (Violet)
Ash Wednesday begins the season of Lent in preparation for Easter. It is also the start of the Caritas Lenten Programme. The theme for Lent 2021 is “A New Way Forward” – taken from Pope Francis’ encyclical, Laudato Si’. This theme reminds us that God provides everything we need to overcome obstacles and push through the walls of fear and uncertainty throughout our life’s journey.
A New Way Forward
“In the heart of this world, the Lord of life, who loves us so much, is always present. He does not abandon us, he does not leave us alone, for he has united himself definitively to our earth, and his love constantly impels us to find new ways forward.”
Pope Francis, Laudato Si’, #245, 2013
Feb 17: Ash Wednesday - Mass in the church @10am, Board of Trustees meeting @6pm
Feb 18: SACRAMENT PROGRAMME FOR 2021 BEGINS
Feb 25: Year 1 & 2 Combined Catholic School Tabloids at St Joseph’s Feilding
Mar 4: Year 3/4 Combined Catholic schools Tabloids at St James
Mar 12: OLOL Duathlon, 2-3pm, swim and runApr 1: HOLY THURSDAY APR 2: Good Friday, APR 5: Easter Monday, APR 6: Easter Tuesday - (school closed Friday, Monday, Tuesday)
**Feb 19: LAST DAY FOR BOOK CLUB ORDERS