BMS/FC Library Media Center
Policies and Procedures
Visiting the Library
- Your will visit the library with your ELA class.
- You must have a pass from your teacher if you want to visit the library at any other time.
- Library computers and printers are for school work only.
- Students will be given one warning when they are not meeting library expectations. If student behavior remains unsuitable, they will be asked to return to their classroom.
A Snapshot of Library Expectations
- Leave food, drinks, and gum outside the media center.
- Treat library materials and equipment with care.
- Cell phone use is not allowed.
- Use a quiet voice when in the library so as not to disturb your peers and/or other classes.
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
- Listen to and follow directions from all library staff and teachers.
- Headphones must be out unless working independently.
- 1:1 devices must remain put away unless otherwise instructed.
Checking Out, Loan Periods, Holds, and All That Jazz
- Students may have 3 books out at a time. Therefore, if any books have been previously damaged or lost, this will impact the number you can check out.
We have special books available for students who can't check out any more books from the library.
- Books may be checked out for a maximum of 21 days (all except reference materials).
- Books may only be renewed once.
- You may place up to 3 holds at one time.
- Overdue slips and fine notices will be emailed out regularly. Students will be charged the full price of any books that are not returned by the end of the school year.
- Students will be charged the full price of any books that are returned damaged. Please bring any previous damage to the attention of the library staff before checkout.