Kindergarten Class News
Mrs. Hogan and Mrs. Seckers
23 Weeks of Kindergarten!
This week's Homework
Also, if you would like, please have your child write a sentence for the word of the week: "sacrifice." This is not mandatory. We would need the sentence by Wednesday.
This weeks concepts
Reading - sight words (and, he, she, have, can, to, at, I, we, a like, the, some, one, two, three, an, has, is, not, see, go, four, five, my, will, are, do, for, black, pretty, be, this, all, come, no, in, down, did, on, who, yellow) Making inferences, asking questions, summarizing, compare and contrasting, reading comprehension, and working on fluency.
Phonics Your child should know all of their letters and letter sounds. Phoneme blending, isolation and categorization.
Parent Teacher Conferences
January 31st - February 6th - Catholic Schools Week
- Monday - Wear a red shirt as part of "Community Embrace" / 8:45 a.m. assembly 1:30 p.m. 15 minute prayer service for homeless and food blessing
- Tuesday - Wear a Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton logo shirt or sweatshirt. / 8:45 a.m. assembly / 1:30 p.m. Talent Show
- Wednesday - Red, White and Blue Day / 8:45a.m. assembly / 1:00 p.m. All Schools' Mass
- Thursday - Dress up and show your Sunday best attire - no jeans. / 8:45 a.m. assembly / 9:00 a.m. Spelling Bee grades 3-5. / Vocation Day - If you would like to share your vocation with our class, please let me know.
- Friday - Dress down day / 2-3:15 School wide Team Scavenger Hunt / 8:45 a.m. assembly
Tuesday, February 9th - Fat Tuesday - All School Breakfast
Wednesday, February 10th - Ash Wednesday
Thursday, February 11th - Valentine's Day Tea
A lot of students are forgetting to bring a spoon or fork in their lunches, please make sure you are sending these if needed in your child's lunch.
It is still cold outside, please make sure your child has appropriate winter gear.
Please have your child memorize at least 1 phone number and their address.