Types of identity Theft
- Child ID theft - Children’s IDs are vulnerable because the theft may go undetected for many years.
- Tax ID theft - A thief uses your social security number to falsely file tax returns with the Internal Revenue Service or state government.
- Medical ID theft - This form of ID theft happens when someone steals your personal information, such as your Medicare ID
- Senior ID theft- seniors are vulnerable to ID theft because they are in more frequent contact with medical professionals who get their medical insurance information
- Social ID theft- A thief uses your name, photos, and other personal information to create a phony account on a social media platform.