Focusing on Teacher Leadership
Join us for the first annual #BCedcamp
Benton Community is in planning for its second year of implementation of teacher leadership through Iowa's Teacher Leadership and Compensation Grant. We have a lot to share, but we also know there are others out there who can contribute to allow us to learn, share, and grow together!
Registration is limited to the first 200 participants. The cost is FREE.
Grad credit will be offered through Mt. Mercy University - $150 for one credit hour. In addition to our event, Mt. Mercy University will be hosting a Teacher Leadership event on June 29, so watch for details!
1 credit hour = $150 (attendance + assignment); registration at one of the venues (#BCedcamp or Mt. Mercy event)
2 credit hours = $250 (attendance + assignment); registration at both venues (#BCedcamp & Mt. Mercy event)
9:00 am to 9:45 am - Welcome and initial planning
9:50 am to 10:35 am - Session 1
10:40 am to 11:25 am - Session 2
11:30 am to 12:15 pm - Session 3
12:15 pm to 1:00 pm - Lunch & snacks (available for $10)
1:00 pm to 1:45 pm - Session 4
1:50 pm to 2:35 pm - Session 5
2:40 pm to 3:25 pm - Session 6
3:30 pm to 3:45 pm - Wrap-Up (What did we learn? What next? Prizes!)
What is EdCamp?
Do some of the questions below resonate with you? If so, then you are a prime candidate for #BCedcamp. Join us for what may be your most powerful day of learning all year!
- How can we create an awesome TLC System in our district?
- How can Instructional Coaches be best utilized in the TLC system?
- We got the grant, where do we go from here?
- What comes first - the coaching cycle or the relationship?
- How do we build relationships?
- Where is the data?
- What would we go back and change in our TLC implementation of year 1?
- How can we make TLC get to the root of student learning?
- How does an administrator support the TLC system?
- What is a PLN?
- How does PD align with individual teaching goals?
- What are some great learning technologies for students in math (or PE/science/...)?
- What is getting in the way of us changing faster?How can we keep from feeling overwhelmed all of the time?
- What if we didn't ignore that most of the time students are bored?
- How can we take better advantage of our new digital learning spaces to improve professional development?
- How can we better learn from other educators and schools?
- Do students still need to memorize anything?
- How can we make standards-based grading work in MY school?
- What might school look like if students were in charge of teaching at least 20% of the time?
- What are better ways to involve our parents and community with our students?
- Do we really need grades?
- ]and many, many more...
Dress is casual. Wear whatever's comfy. Registration is FREE. Internet access will be provided. We have an organization taking care of providing an option for lunch. This will be $10 per person (cash or check). Please bring a non-perishable food item to donate to the Benton County Food Bank.