Big Cats: Save Yourself
What To Do When You Encounter A Wild Big Cat
Tiger are not known for attacking people, but it has happened. To make sure this doesn't happen to you here are some tiger precaution:
- try to stay on paths and avoid open areas
- Always keep your eyes and ears open. Tigers are masters of stealth and can hide almost anywhere.
- While walking talk loudly to yourself or to a friend. This will alert any tigers to look around. If you do see a tiger pop his/her head up walk in the other direction.
- If you see tiger cubs DO NOT approach them for the mother is always near by. Tiger mothers are very protective of their cubs.
Panthers are very dangerous animals, and do not like contacting humans. If you do ever come in contact with a panther here are some tips to help you out:
- If you do come in contact show no fear and make as much noise as you can.
- Panthers rarely come into contact with humans and when it happens remember to stay calm. The panther will more than likely run away in fear.
- If the panther does not run away and starts to approach you then slowly back away, but do not turn your back to it.
Leopards are by far the worst big cat to ever encounter. Leopards are very aggressive beast. If you see one and want to live follow these few guidelines:
- NEVER LOOK A LEOPARD IN THE EYES! The leopard may take this as a challenge and attack.
- Stay still because the leopard may lose interest after time.
- If the leopard is still interested then start to back away slowly being very careful.