November 23, 2015
Many Thanks, Mayfield!
We have so much to be grateful here at MJS. Just last week, we celebrated books and literacy, and came together as a community to support the love of reading. We have several outreach programs underway that will help those in need throughout the Pasadena and Los Angeles area. Tomorrow, we gather together in prayer to share what we are truly grateful for. Many blessings to you and your family and friends!
Thanks for Supporting Book Fair!
Union Station Lunches
November Dates to Remember
- November 24: Thanksgiving Prayer Service, 2 pm, Gym
- November 25-27: MJS Closed for the Thanksgiving Holiday; no Extended Program Services
- November 30: School resumes
- November 30: Advent Prayer Service, 8 am, HPAC
- November 30: 5H & 5G pack Union Station lunches, H4a Room (Hayden)
- November 30: please bring $2.00 to advisory
December Dates to Remember
- December 8: Mass of the Immaculate Conception, 9 am, Gym
- December 8: Concert Dress
- December 11: Mothers' Christmas Luncheon, 11:30-2:00, Gym
- December 15: Christmas Concert at St. Andrew, 6-7 pm
- December 18: half day of school; noon dismissal; extended care open
- December 18: Christmas Prayer Service, 9:10 am, Gym
- Extended Care Open: 12/21; 12/22; 12/28; & 12/29
- Extended Care Closed: 12/23; 12/24; 12/25; 12/30; & 1/1
Hello From 5A Science!
Students have been studying about hot air balloons. They researched the history and also came up with a design to build a hot air balloon during science. Each student presented his/her design to their group, and one was selected by the group. Building and testing out their design took a few classes. After several redesigns, they were able to get their balloons to fly. Excitement was at an all-time high when the first group got their balloon to lift off!