On the Farm
The children are looking forward to our field trip to Smith Family Farm in the next week, 10/21-AM and 10/23-PM. With our new knowledge of pumpkins we are eager to go out and find the perfect one. Look below in the reminders section for specific field trip information. As we discuss the field trip we will also focus on the farm. During the next two weeks we will discuss animals on the farm, the farmer who takes care of the animals and other activities that happen on the farm.
Working hard to make apple pie.
Big Red Barn
We will read the book Big Red Barn by Margaret Wise Brown during our theme At the Farm.
Getting our apples ready to make apple crisp. We had a great time with Ms. Jen's class!
- Label farm animals
- Ordering by size
- Labeling letters A-D
- Answering and Asking questions about a story
- Recalling information from a story and/or event
- Giving details
- Completing simple math activities for numbers 1-5
- Use the attached activities in the e-mail to expand on skills we have learned during the two weeks.
- We will focus on letter D during these next two weeks. Please send in pictures of items that start with the letter D for our letter board.
- When at the grocery store to pick up items like cheese, milk or cereal ask your child where they think those items come from before they get to the grocery store. We will be discussing this at school.
- Use play dough to create different farm animals.
- Visit a farm petting zoo.
- Check our books at the library on farms.
Go Team, Go!
Lots of fun cheering for each other as we rolled pumpkins!
We have learned pumpkins grow on vines and can be heavy.
We're on a roll!
Heading towards the finish line.
Books and Apps
- Peekaboo is an app that allows you to guess animals that are hiding behind the haystack.
- Doodle Dots is also a fun app to work on color, number and letter recognition.
- Tiny Hands Sorting is an app that addresses sorting by size, animal and number.
- Spot Goes to the Farm by Eric Hill
- Mrs. Wishy-Washy's Farm by Joy Cowley
- Parent/ Teacher Conferences will be starting on Friday, 10/18 for families and will continue through Wednesday, 10/23. You should have received your parent/teacher conference time in your child's backpack. I look forward to meeting with all of you.
- Smith Family Farm field trip is scheduled for Monday, 10/21 and Wednesday, 10/23. The AM Class will attend on Monday, 10/21. There is no PM Class on 10/21. The PM Class will attend on Wednesday, 10/23. There is no AM Class on 10/23. All children need to bring a sack lunch on their field trip day. The website for Smith Family Farm is http://www.smithfamilyfarms.com/Welcome.html.
- There is no school on Thursday, 10/24 due to Fall Break.
- Please remember to send in Luau donations. Our theme is lawn care. Thank you to all room parents for organizing! Big thanks to all those that have donated too!