Recipe from Chains
Slow Cooker Rice Pudding
Why This Food Relates To Chains
I picked this food because I heard of rice pudding and when I read the recipe it seemed like it would be interesting to make and eat. The importance of this food is that in the 1700s it was a favorite food of the rich British folk and of all the British citizens in America and England.
Recipe For Rice Pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Stir 4 cups milk, white sugar, and rice together in a slow cooker until the sugar dissolves; add margarine or butter.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 hours.
- Beat egg, 2 tablespoons milk, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl.
- Temper the egg by stirring a small amount of the hot rice mixture into the egg mixture to gently warm the egg without cooking it; stir the egg mixture into the rice in the slow cooker.
- Continue cooking on HIGH until creamy, about 15 minutes more.
- Transfer pudding to a glass baking dish, cover with plastic wrap leaving two corners uncovered to vent, and refrigerate until chilled completely, at least 1 hour.
- 10 minutes to prep
- 2 hours 45 minutes to cook
- Ready in about 4 hours