By: McKensi Duncan
- Since the Roe v. Wade court case in 1973, there have been more than 56 million deaths in America due to abortion.
- An estimated 3,000 abortions occur per day.
- 18% of abortion are performed by teenagers.
- There are approximately 30 Planned Parenthood executives that make around $200,000 to $300,000 a year.
- 78% of abortions are done by Hispanic and African-American people.
- There are two different types of abortion, the clinic abortion, and the abortion pill.
- Statistics show every 3 of 10 women have had an abortion by the age of 45.
- If you are under the age of 18, you need at least one parent or guardian for legal permission to undergo an abortion.
- There are 2 medicines that can be used before the 12 week period. These two medicines being Mifepristone and Misoprostol.
- Mifepristone is the first pill. This pill detaches the embryo from the uterine wall.
- The Misoprostol pill is taken two days later, to expel the embryo.
- These pills are 95% effective.If the pills don't work, you can either try again or get the procedure done.
- The procedure is very simple.
- The cervix is widened to make the procedure easier.
- A small plastic suction tube connected to a pump is inserted into the womb to destroy the fetus and the tissue around it.
- You can go home the same day but, you will experience bleeding which can last up to 21 days.
One Word - Episode 6: Abortion (Women)
Are you Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?
- Abortion- The process of ending a pregnancy by destroying the fetus.
- Accidental Abortion- An unintentional abortion due to a miscarriage, fall, or any other accidental injury.
- ACOG- The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology; A national group specified in this field
The answer is yes, all those involved mentally and physically are affected. The following are some of the many things that women have reported feeling after going through with an abortion:
- Relationship issues