Literacy Coaching with Mrs. Bush
September 7, 2021 Newsletter Stevenson Elementary School
WHAT IS i-READY AND HOW CAN I SUPPORT MY CHILD?
i-Ready is an online program for reading and mathematics that will help your child's teacher(s) determine your child's academic needs, personalize their learning, and monitor progress throughout the school year. i-Ready allows your child's teacher to meet the child exactly where they are and provide data to increase your child's learning goals.
i-Ready consists of two parts: Diagnostic and Instruction.
1. The i-Ready Diagnostic is an adaptive assessment that adjusts its questions to suit your child's needs. Each item a student sees is individualized based on their answer to the previous question.
2. i-Ready Instruction provides students with lessons based on their individual skill level and needs, so that your child can learn at a pace that is just right for them. These lessons are fun and interactive to keep your child engaged as they learn.
- Find a quiet space for your child to read each day.
- Ensure you have your child has all the things he/she needs for school each day.
- Take good care of your Chromebook so that it can be used each day.
- Make sure your child has a mask to wear to school each day.
- Make sure your child gets a good night's sleep and is ready to learn each morning.
Prepare and Motivate Your Child
- Why they are taking the i-Ready Diagnostic test in school and encourage your child daily.
- Make sure your child has everything they need for testing success and a great school day.
Support Your Child
Teach Study Skills
Send Your Child to School Ready to Learn
Visit the Stevenson School Website
Attend Virtual Open House and Parent-Teacher Conferences