The Patriot Press
Volume 1...September 13, 2019
Student Created, CCA Approved.
- Mondays and Wednesdays are P.E. days. Please make sure your child has tennis shoes for these days.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays are band days for 6th through 9th grade students. Please make sure your child has their band instruments for these days. 7th-9th grade will also need their band instruments on Friday.
- Morning drop off: If before 7:45 please drop your child off at the gym doors. Anytime 7:45 or after you may drop your child off at the front door.
- Health screenings for all students will be provided by Golden Valley Medical Healthcare. A report will be sent home with your student on Friday, September 20th.
- School picture envelopes are being sent home in backpacks on Friday, September 20th.
School Events for September 13th through September 26th
Sep. 20: Student council meeting 7:30-8:00
Sep. 20: 3rd grade field trip to Northern Cherokee Nation 9:30 AM- 1:00 PM
Sep. 24: Hearing screenings for K4-3rd and 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th & new students
Sep. 25: School pictures
Sep. 25: See you at the pole
Patriots Fall to Show Me Christian
The Lady Patriots played their first game against Show Me Christian Youth Home on Sep.5th.
After losing the first set they came back in the second to win. The team held the last set for the first half but ultimately lost to Show Me. The Patriots under coaches Livia Dunham, Brandee Gill, Miranda Curnutte, and Emily Howerton consistently continue to improve throughout the season.
Patriots Participate in Tri-Match Against Training Center and Applewood
Girls volleyball had their second and third games on Monday the 9th. The team first played against Applewood, the winners of the tri-match, and lost both sets. Moral was low but the Patriots played better in the second game against Training Center. It was an off night for the team and they lost both matches.
Sporting Events for September 13th through September 26th
- JH soccer/volleyball and 5/6 soccer at St. Peter (Marshall). JH soccer at 4:30, 5/6 soccer at 5:30, and JH volleyball at 6:30. Bus departs at 2:45 and returns at 9:00.
- JH soccer/volleyball tournament at Trinity (Alma). Volleyball will play at 8, 10, 12, 12:30, and 3. Soccer will play at 11:45 and either 2:15 or 3:30.
- HS volleyball tri-match at Eldorado. Games are at 6:30 and 7:30. Bus departs at 4:45 and returns at 9:30.
- JH/HS volleyball at Lake Christian. JH at 5:30 and HS at 6:30. Bus departs at 3:45 and returns at 8:45.
- Volleyball pictures 3:00-3:45 in the CCA gym. Picture envelopes will go home on 9/13.
- JH volleyball at Leesville. Game is at 5:00. Bus departs at 3:45 and returns at 7:00
- HS/JH soccer and HS volleyball at Centerplace. HS soccer at 4:30, HS volleyball at 5:00, JH soccer at 5:45. Bus departs at 2:45 and returns at 8:00.
- 5,6,7 Park and Rec soccer at 10:30. Players should arrive by 10.
- HS/JH volleyball at Training Center. JH at 4:30, HS at 5:30. Bus departs 3:15 returns at 7:15
- 5, 6, 7 Park and Rec soccer at 6:30. Players should arrive by 6.
- JH soccer and JH & 5/6 volleyball at Trinity (Alma). JH soccer at 4:30, JH volleyball at 6:00, and 5/6 volleyball at 7:00. Bus departs at 3:00 and returns at 9:15.
CCA Hosts Show-Me Christian Soccer
CCA and Show-Me Christian were neck and neck throughout the game on Thursday, September 5th. Eli Griffey made this seasons very first CCA high school varsity goal with an assist from Jared Wisniewski. Shortly afterwards, Eli easily scores again making the score 2-0. CCA's final goal was made by Kylie Bateman with an assist from Jared. Kylie will go down in the CCA record book for making the first varsity goal for a female. This was a good game for CCA even though Show-Me Christian was the winner in the end. Coach Kevin Griffey said, "They played great as a team, but got tired towards the end of the game. Our hustle was not as good as in the beginning of the game. We started strong but did not end quite as strongly."
CCA Teacher Spotlight
Mrs. Harrison is in her second year of teaching K4 at CCA, and this is her eight year in education. She loves watching her students learn and grow in their faith, academically, and building loving relationships with their family. Mrs. Harrion's favorite color is purple, and her favorite song is “Who You Say I Am” by Hillsong. She was saved at the age of 13. Yea God! Her favorite type of candies are Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups or Chewy Sweet Tarts, and her favorite drinks are either Dr. Pepper or coffee. Mrs. Harrison has played volleyball, track, basketball, and participated cheerleading in her younger life. She has also shown livestock and continues to do so. Mrs Harrison's birthday is on March 6th and her favorite thing about teaching at CCA is being able to teach where her children learn and worship.
The first CCA 4H meeting will be Sept.27 from 3 to 4 pm in the CCA lunchroom. Rosalyn Wisniewski is our CCA coordinator. Parents are encouraged to come to every meeting, but should plan to attend the first one. If your student is not sure about 4H, please come to the first meeting and check it out. The 4H year officially begins on Oct.1st. Dues will be $15 ($5 to CCA, and $10 payable to the extension office or online). 4H is for ages 5 to 18 and promotes leadership, citizenship, and life skills through fun, hands-on activities.
Student Council is for 4th-12th grades and the meetings are twice a month. Next week the 2019-20 student council representatives will be elected, and the new slate of members will have their first meeting on the 20th. Our next newsletter will feature the new officers.
CCA's first Chapel Program
Kevin Griffey, Music Minister at First Baptist Church in Clinton, and High School Junior, Molly Briggs, kicked off the first Chapel of the school year on Friday, Sept. 6. Students are divided into two twenty-five minute Chapel services with Upper School Chapel including grades 4-12 and Elementary Chapel consisting of K4-3rd grade students. Chapel times for 4th-12th grade is 8:10-8:30 and K4-3rd grade is 8:40-9:00. Students, parents, and staff alike enjoyed this opportunity to worship the Lord in song. Thank you Kevin and Molly for making our first chapel a time of inspiration, honor and glory to our great God! Please join us any time you can for chapel.