Seeds of Knowledge
Vol. 2, Issue 28 April 29, 2016
Fluffing Your Branches
- participated in PARCC testing--whatever role you played--THANKS!
- covered shifts in the office so that our Administrative Assistants could enjoy a well deserved lunch! :)
- filled in for Admin in the cafeteria! Your help is greatly appreciated!! :)
Cultivating Your Knowledge
- Actively and continuously monitor students during testing: ensure students are working on the correct units and recording answers in the ANSWER booklet.
- Be mindful of all PARCC directions for taking attendance, distributing materials, collecting materials and monitoring the test.
- Review the testing schedule for next week--grade 7 finishes on Wednesday and grade 8 begins on Thursday.
- Remind students to remain quiet during morning hallway transitions.
For 2nd and 3rd year teachers ONLY...
- If you have not signed up for the FOCUS group with Mrs. Kutcher, please take advantage of this opportunity to share your thoughts about the HCPS Teacher Induction Program.
Organizing Your Growth
5/1 Last day to submit resignation to HCPS (probationary teachers only)
5/2 - 5/6 Teacher Appreciation Week
5/3 Faculty Meeting; EMS Night at the Library, 5-7 pm
5/4 Grade 7 PARCC testing ends!
5/5 Grade 8 PARCC testing begins!
5/6 First Friday
5/9 FOCUS Group (2nd and 3rd year teachers only) with Mrs. Kutcher
Horace Mann Offers $25 Gift Card to Restaurants!
Susan L. McDonough is offering a $25 gift card for restaurant.com for anyone requesting an auto insurance comparison quote.
Also, if you were unable to attend the last Probationary Teacher session, Ms. McDonough has a folder available with student loan forgiveness information. Give her a call and she can help you through the process!
Susan L. McDonough
The Horace Mann companies
1504 Barrett St.
Havre de Grace, MD 21078
410-939-7432 or susan.McDonough@horacemann.com